Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Cover Art not square on 7" display
(08-16-2019, 07:35 PM)swizzle Wrote: It’s possible to scale things non-uniformly in css (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs...tion/scale) but using whole page transforms can and usually does lead to other problems. If those lines added to config.txt fix the problem then a mechanism (aka button) that would add those lines in the localui section seems like the best solution.

If you don’t care about everything else being stretched and it’s just the album art that’s annoying we could add a non-uniform scale factor as above to the cover art in pi touchscreen css.

I'm not the one doing the coding, but it feels wrong to make up for this problem in the CSS. What if another device becomes popular which has yet another pixel "shape"? Fixing the aspect ratio of the display in the localui section so you need code moOde screens just once for square pixels would seem sensible.

Regards,
Kent
The benefit of the settings in config.txt is that it fixes the scale for the entire display. The down side is that it's yet another option.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Guys, guys, slow down...
I was the one who found that the cover art was a bit off on the 7" display, nobody else complained about it. That means they either never noticed it, or they don't bother about it.
Now, adding these three lines to the config.txt file works for me. Why don't we leave it at this and write down in the manual, that, in case you have weird looking cover art, it might be due to the square pixels of your display. so add these lines, blablabla, et voila....
No?

Johan
 :@
Thanks for the solution!!
 :@