Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: PS Audio USB DAC fails
Hi,
I tried my PS Audio USB DAC with moOde 5.4, 6.0, 6.1 on RPI2 and RPI4 and no luck.
I can choose and save USB audio device from Settings > Audio > MPDconfig but when I play music I get following error:
MPD error
Failed to open "ALSA default" [alsa]; Error opening ALSA device "hw:1,0"; snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: Input/output error

On moOde 6.0 I updated to ALSA 1.19 and that did not work either.
4 other USB DAC's that I have work perfectly.

Ropiiee and Volumio do not work either with the PS Audio USB DAC. Windows does work with the PS Audio USB DAC.

pi@moode:~ $ cat /proc/asound/card1/stream0
PS Audio Sprout100 PS Audio USB Audio 2.0 at usb-0000:01:00.0-1.4, high speed :                                     USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: S16_LE
    Rates:
  Interface 1
    Altset 3
    Format: SPECIAL
    Rates:
pi@moode:~ $
Does the manufacturer of this DAC state that it is compatible with Linux USB audio driver?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-21-2019, 10:41 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Does the manufacturer of this DAC state that it is compatible with Linux USB audio driver?

PS Audio states that drivers for OSXand linux are included and that Windows drivers need to be installed.

Thanks
You might want to test playback with one of the other audio renderers in moOde to rule out a bug in MPD itself. If the other audio renderers fail then it would suggest that the DAC is in fact not compatible with Linux USB audio.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Thanks Tim,
Actually PS Audio said that only recently this product supports Linux and my being older, I will have to send it for update.

Vucko Zagi
Hi Vucko,

Glad to hear the root cause of the issue has been identified :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!