Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Genres optional
Question 
Tim or anyone

Can Moode be configured so Genres are optional and can be hid in Library i.e. just artist and album then tunes?

I never use it but sometime I accidentally select a genre and it is a pain trying to clear back to no genres.

Thanks Huh
Just tap the GENRES header?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hey didn’t I think of that. Thanks Tim
(05-09-2018, 09:49 AM)aBrianH Wrote: Tim or anyone

Can Moode be configured so Genres are optional and can be hid in Library i.e. just artist and album then tunes?

I never use it but sometime I accidentally select a genre and it is a pain trying to clear back to no genres.

Thanks Huh

Can it still be hidden though please?
(01-26-2019, 12:53 PM)jason_a69 Wrote:

Thanks Huh

I would also support this !
Hi, it's been 2 months I use moode audio and everythings works great, rediscovering my discography it's really awesome work.
The only change I would also support is the option to hide genre column or maybe show playlists instead (+possibility to create smart playlists).
Anyway thank you so much, house is rocking : )
If you can ssh into your moode install then:

sudo nano /var/www/css/panels.css

scroll to the bottom and add these lines:

#lib-genre-header, #index-genres, #lib-genre {display:none}
#lib-artist-header, #lib-artist {left:0;width:50%;}
#index-artists {right:calc(50% + var(--sbw));}
#lib-album-header, #lib-album {left:50%;width:50%;}

save the file, reload moode, should be no more genre column. If Tim thinks there's enough demand we can make it a display option.
Thank you Swizzle, efficient and easy to install for a newbie like me Smile
(01-28-2019, 04:13 PM)UpsiUps Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 12:53 PM)jason_a69 Wrote:

Thanks Huh

I would also support this !

I also would like to have an option to have "Genres" hidden - the way it is on the mobile view.
(05-09-2018, 01:22 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just tap the GENRES header?

Hi, I'm very new to the MoOde player and find it to be very flexible. Congrats and many thanks for sharing.

I too was frustrated about how difficult it was (or appeared to be) to clear an accidentally selected Genre.  It never occurred to me to click the header.  Can I suggest you add a note to that effect in the Quick Help?

On the topic of Genres, I never use them and was so happy to find that the Genres panel could be hidden with a swipe action on touch devices.

I'd like to add my support to the request that this becomes a configurable option - so it can be 'sticky' hidden.

Thanks again.