Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[Solved] UPNP Source, no song visible in moode, no Album name tag
I see that when using UPNP as a source, everything gets indexed just fine.
However, I noticed a lot of songs I have are missing.
It seems that they are not in MPD (I checked /var/log/mpd/log ).
The reason seems to be that on the UPNP path, the filtering is taking place based on the "album" folder.
I tested this by giving one of the problematic mp3's an album tag.
After, indeed it appeared.
Now, my question: can I in some way tell mode to make the index not based on Album, but based on "Browse Folders" as this seems to work in all cases (I used to let the index run on moode 4.4 on this folder as well).

thank you,

Hendrik-Jan
The challenge with using Browse Folders is when the DLNA server is another moOde box with miniDLNA turned on.

Then we see RADIO and SDCARD which would generate duplicates in MPD database after the db update.
Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ ls /mnt/UPNP/RP5\ DLNA/Browse\ Folders/
NAS  RADIO  SDCARD  _search  USB

To make this work on Library Config the SCAN function for a UPnP Music Source would need to return a dropdown of hosts and folders similar to the scan results for Samba. If there are more requests for this I'll consider it :-)

DLNA servers though, nicely create a Music/Album folder which is all thats needed and it greatly simplifies the code :-)

Song files with missing tags, especially the Album tag are always going to be problematic.

-Tim

p.s. If you want to hack the folder path then look at line #1791 in playerlib.php
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl...yerlib.php
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim,

thanks a lot for your elaborate answer. (and for a fantastic player of course!)
I get your point about the problem of also loading playlists and radio stations when choosing "Browse Folders".
I am now testing with "Artist" as I guess that one is also always filled (at least for me; artist and song title are always there. Album not as it is not always clear from which album a song comes (some are not even from an album)).

cheers,

Hendrik-Jan
Hi,

What UPnP or DLNA server are you running?
- miniDLNA
- BubbleUPnP
- MinimServer

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
miniDLNA
Ok, thanks.
Enjoy the Music!
Just an update:

I modified playerlib.php and indeed ended up using "Browse Folders"
The reason for this is: I tested using "Artist", but in that folder UPNP actually has an "All Albums" and in case of songs and no albums an "Unknown" or one or more album Titles.
This causes everything to be doubled up in moode, so that does not work.
I will check some other options but for now it seems indeed that "Browse Folders" is the only workable solution.

Hendrik-Jan