Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Sort albums by year
I'm likely either to not use it or to use the artist (year) option, but with your clean implementation I get to choose. Nice.
(12-02-2019, 08:14 PM)gbh_uk Wrote: ....

ALBUM view:

I'd be interested in feedback from other forum members, and if you agree I can look to create a GIT PR.

My thinking was to stick to the way you've currently delivered the features and presented the information in 6.4.0 so that existing users will see the view they have (or will) become accustomed to, but also to present some more options that cater for individual tastes.  Also, the coding doesn't add all of the fields to the HTML and then hide them with CSS.  If the option doesn't require the information then it's not added to the mark-up to make the pages 'lighter'.

Regards,
Gary

I only use the album view as I like to see the covers as large as possible with no columns. This leaves me with artists that have multiple albums in my library being displayed with their discography out of chronological order. I absolutely love the Album view version with the year after the Artist that you've come up with.

Is it confirmed this will appear in an official moOde release?
(09-05-2019, 09:31 PM)deztiny Wrote: In version 6 this part code has been rewritten and needs to be changed:

up to 5:
$album = $flatData['Album'] ? $flatData['Date'] . ' - ' . $flatData['Album'] : 'Unknown';

6 and newer (I guess):
'album' => ($flatData['Album'] ? $flatData['Date'] . ' - ' . $flatData['Album'] : 'Unknown'),

I've implemented this on my library but I'd rather the date didn't actually appear before the album title in the Albums By Artist view.

[Image: aoYbPj7.png]

Is it possible to still have the chronological artist discography sort active without the date appearing in front of the album name in this view?
(12-02-2019, 08:14 PM)gbh_uk Wrote: First of all let me say thank-you once again Tim for implementing sort by year.

As I mentioned in another thread, for me it's much more logical to see albums presented chronologically, at least when looking at individual artists.
But, for me, to see the name of the Album is much more important than the year it was released.

With that in mind I've coded two drop-down Library options which allow me to choose how additional information - such as the Year - are presented in both Tag and Album views:

TAG view:

[Image: TAG.jpg]

ALBUM view:
[Image: ALBUM.jpg]
I'd be interested in feedback from other forum members, and if you agree I can look to create a GIT PR.

My thinking was to stick to the way you've currently delivered the features and presented the information in 6.4.0 so that existing users will see the view they have (or will) become accustomed to, but also to present some more options that cater for individual tastes.  Also, the coding doesn't add all of the fields to the HTML and then hide them with CSS.  If the option doesn't require the information then it's not added to the mark-up to make the pages 'lighter'.

Regards,
Gary

Hi Gary,

I've lost track of this one and I may have some time to implement it for r650. Is there some code I can look at?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim,

I re-worked it only yesterday for @owsla to re-baseline it to 6.4.2 and to ensure it didn't break the fix you put in for the quick jump index for those experimenting with the flag UI.tagViewCovers = false.

I just pushed it to github and it currently works as I originally described and illustrated above.
I'm now looking to see how easy it will be to add an Artist/Year grouping option (to complement the existing Album, Artist and Year options) which @owsla I think would make things even nicer.

Quick question - can you close the previous pull request please?  I don't seem to see the option to do it myself.

Thanks,
Gary
Pi-4B[1GB] with Allo DigiOne SPDIF

'This is the time. And this is the record of the time.'
Huge thanks to @gbh_uk for all your help over PM and the effort you've put in to the sort and date functions. I'm thrilled with the date after artist view.

Another huge thanks to Tim and the rest of the MoOde Audio crew, I love the software and just sent over a donation.