Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

which power supply for raspy+topping?
hi all,
iam trying to set a clean source of power for my raspy4 and my topping e30.

Iam thinking about a power bank , powerfully enough to supply both of them.

Does anybody already tested it? Could i know, please, what you used or recommend?

thanks in advance.

UPDATE: i see Raspy need 5,1V 3A  and Topping  just 5V 1A

simply speaking...could i use a powerbank of 5V 4A?  Could i use it just only for Topping? thank you
(05-03-2021, 12:17 PM)HEGOM Wrote: hi all,
iam trying to set a clean source of power for my raspy4 and my topping e30.

Iam thinking about a power bank , powerfully enough to supply both of them.

Does anybody already tested it? Could i know, please, what you used or recommend?

thanks in advance.

UPDATE: i see Raspy need 5,1V 3A  and Topping  just 5V 1A

simply speaking...could i use a powerbank of 5V 4A?  Could i use it just only for Topping? thank you

I have used a power bank for RPi4 and it works. Normally, after the RPi4B is booted up and running, it takes less than 1.5 A for power draw. Some may even say it takes less than 1 A assuming you have not much power drain from your USB ports. 

It also works with a Topping D10 DAC. I don't know enough about Topping E30, so I cannot comment on that one.
5.1V/0.7A was what I got when doing some tests with a pi4 and Moode installed on an sd card, using the internal wifi dongle for data exchange.

What I would recommend is a reliable power supply for the raspi with a focus on as much reliable as possible. No cheap Chinese thing which overheats and burns down the house. If you are from Europe, Leicke is s good choice, like this one here: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08DK1M9FB . I have several Leicke PSU versions in use, mostly to power laptops, the router or the backup server, and all of them are high quality and low power consumption. They also don't get hot and can run 24/7.

DAC is a different thing. Here you need to consider it generates an analog signal as output, and this signal (plus the quality of it) is directly linked to the stability of the voltage the PSU is producing. Here I am currently also using a Leicke (Topping DX3 Pro DAC) but I'll upgrade it to a linear power supply. I am thinking of something like this one here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32811138687.html which is considered as good, especially for the price. Allo Shanti would be another option, but it already costs twice as much. And if you want more, feel free to look around. You can spend thousands of dollars on such a piece of gear.