Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo USBridge Signature
I was wandering through one of the other forums that Allo supports and was interested by a comment from Allo alluding to issues with "kernel 4.19". Anyone know what the problem is? - just curious
(10-29-2019, 09:51 PM)suzywong Wrote: I was wandering through one of the other forums that Allo supports and was interested by a comment from Allo alluding to issues with "kernel 4.19". Anyone know what the problem is?  - just curious
See Tim's post No37 above.
It's a bit more complicated.

- The new Pi-4B requires Raspbian Buster and the 4.19.y kernel -- moOde 6 series :-)
- Raspbian Buster does not support the 4.14.y kernel
- Raspbian Stretch supports both the 4.14.y kernel and 4.19.y -- older moOde 5 series.

What this means for moOde and the reported audio distortion caused by 4.19.y/Buster and certain USB DAC's is that our project would need to maintain an additional Raspbian Stretch/4.14.y platform for moOde 6 series.

I think its technically possible but it's beyond our project bandwidth.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
So it’s primarily a USB issue? That would make sense, as I’m  “Ethernet In - SPDIF out” with the USBridgeSig(RPi3 compute module) + DigiOneSig; my Naim DAC = SPDIF data stream only.

Thanks
Yes, apparantly only certain USB DAC's and 4.19.y kernel.
Enjoy the Music!
I've downloaded the Version 5.? From Allo's website and it works perfectly over ethernet. I'm struggling to connect via WiFi which I did manage to make work when I was using Vers 6.3.
Could it be related to the driver for the Comfast dongle?
I am running 6.3 on the USBridge Sig and noticed a problem with the HDMI display I have connected.

1. When the screen times out I cannot find a "remote" way to turn it back on. Tap a key on the connected keyboard works

2. The picture on the screen goes away but the backlight stays on so the display is not going to sleep.

bob
(11-01-2019, 04:36 AM)bobfa Wrote: I am running 6.3 on the USBridge Sig and noticed a problem with the HDMI display I have connected.  

1. When the screen times out I cannot find a "remote" way to turn it back on.  Tap a key on the connected keyboard works

2.  The picture on the screen goes away but the backlight stays on so the display is not going to sleep.

bob

Can you set the screen to never time out?
(11-01-2019, 11:26 PM)suzywong Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 04:36 AM)bobfa Wrote: I am running 6.3 on the USBridge Sig and noticed a problem with the HDMI display I have connected.  

1. When the screen times out I cannot find a "remote" way to turn it back on.  Tap a key on the connected keyboard works

2.  The picture on the screen goes away but the backlight stays on so the display is not going to sleep.

bob

Can you set the screen to never time out?

Of course I can but that does not solve the problems.   I would like the display on when in use then time out and go to sleep.

bob

Hi Bob,

For the issue "backlight remaining on after screen blank" try adding the line below to /boot/config.txt then reboot.

Code:
hdmi_blanking=1

Try the following commands to turn the display back on after screen blanking.

Code:
export DISPLAY=:0
xset s reset

Let me know whether or not these work.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!