Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo USBridge Signature
(10-30-2019, 12:06 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's a bit more complicated.

- The new Pi-4B requires Raspbian Buster and the 4.19.y kernel -- moOde 6 series :-)
- Raspbian Buster does not support the 4.14.y kernel
- Raspbian Stretch supports both the 4.14.y kernel and 4.19.y -- older moOde 5 series.

What this means for moOde and the reported audio distortion caused by 4.19.y/Buster and certain USB DAC's is that our project would need to maintain an additional Raspbian Stretch/4.14.y platform for moOde 6 series.

I think its technically possible but it's beyond our project bandwidth.

-Tim

Hi Tim. 
I intend to buy a new USBRIDGE SIG. I currently have raspberry pi 3B along with moode. Raspberry pi I have connected via USB to DAC DIY with USB interface Amanero. There were no problems with the 4.14 kernel but there are crackles in 4.19. Will the sound be distorted when buying a USBbridge signature?
Is usbridge based on raspberry pi 4?
Its based on the Pi Compute Module CM3+ which is same CPU as Pi-3B+.

You could try moOde 5.3.1 and then just install the 4.14.92 kernel, and Allo drivers. I could probably make a recipe for doing this. Then we just wait for the Linux kernel devs to fix the specific issue with USB audio and certain DAC's, then swap to moOde 6.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
If you find a moment for this recipe - it will probably help to solve the problems for a while.  I will be grateful to you.
I have just started setting up my USBridge Sig/Shanti, my first RPi device.  It was purchased as a "plug and play" unit from Allo with moOde as the pre-loaded OS on the SD card.

Unfortunately I cannot get beyond turning the power switch on.  It is connected to my TV (I have tried both LG and Samsung today), ethernet, mouse and keyboard before power on.  Wall of text starts scrolling down the left side of the display with 4 raspberries at the top.  Text continues to scroll down and then the screen goes black and nothing seems to happen.  The lights on the USBridge sig seem correct, with power sold and the ACT light flashing intermittently, even when the screen is black.  My DAC recognises that a USB device is connected (it shows "DSD512" whereas if there was no device connected on USB the DAC would show "----") so the board appears to be powered up.

As I said I have tried 2 different TVs (no computer monitors anymore, only laptops) to no avail.  I have posted this in the Allo forum over at Audiophilestyle.com but I have not had any support from Allo yet.

Any ideas?  Everything here is new, including the SD card with moOde that came from Allo.
(11-07-2019, 03:28 PM)colhd Wrote: I have just started setting up my USBridge Sig/Shanti, my first RPi device.  It was purchased as a "plug and play" unit from Allo with moOde as the pre-loaded OS on the SD card.

Unfortunately I cannot get beyond turning the power switch on.  It is connected to my TV (I have tried both LG and Samsung today), ethernet, mouse and keyboard before power on.  Wall of text starts scrolling down the left side of the display with 4 raspberries at the top.  Text continues to scroll down and then the screen goes black and nothing seems to happen.  The lights on the USBridge sig seem correct, with power sold and the ACT light flashing intermittently, even when the screen is black.  My DAC recognises that a USB device is connected (it shows "DSD512" whereas if there was no device connected on USB the DAC would show "----") so the board appears to be powered up.

As I said I have tried 2 different TVs (no computer monitors anymore, only laptops) to no avail.  I have posted this in the Allo forum over at Audiophilestyle.com but I have not had any support from Allo yet.

Any ideas?  Everything here is new, including the SD card with moOde that came from Allo.

Sounds like it's working properly. 

Have you read the setup instructions? There is no local display until it is enabled in the System Config panel. Until then, only the web-browser based moOdeUI is in effect.

Regards,
Kent
There were no setup instructions with the USBridge sig.

I opened http://moode.local on my laptop browser (I thought I needed to do this on the USBridge sig, not another device). Set the hdmi display to "on" and within a few seconds the attached TV display came to life. Used the settings button top right to reboot. Text scrolling for reboot and then the screen goes black again. Lights on USBridge sig show power but the Act light is solidly on, no longer flashing. Been that way for a few minutes now. I think another hard reset may be required.
Hard reset and now making slow progress.

Thanks for the heads up.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt
Enjoy the Music!
(11-02-2019, 02:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 04:36 AM)bobfa Wrote: I am running 6.3 on the USBridge Sig and noticed a problem with the HDMI display I have connected.  

1. When the screen times out I cannot find a "remote" way to turn it back on.  Tap a key on the connected keyboard works

2.  The picture on the screen goes away but the backlight stays on so the display is not going to sleep.

bob

Hi Bob,

For the issue "backlight remaining on after screen blank" try adding the line below to /boot/config.txt then reboot.

Code:
hdmi_blanking=1

Try the following commands to turn the display back on after screen blanking.

Code:
export DISPLAY=:0
xset s reset

Let me know whether or not these work.

-Tim

Tim,

I just got around to finishing my review of the Allo USBridge Sig for AudiophileStyle so I am getting back to my setup.  Both of these work fine.

I have an HDMI display and a mouse hooked up to the Allo and now when the display blanks I can click the mouse to wake it up all the way.

The question is when / how to restart the display from an control point.  

Thank you very much for all your help.  

Bob Smile
Upcoming moOde 6.4.0 includes a feature to wake the display when audio starts playing whether it MPD or any of the audio renderers.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!