Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Allo USBridge Signature
Maybe a USB cable issue or physical issue with the USB port on either the SIG or the DAC ?? You might want to take a magnifying glass and light and look into the USB connectors and ports to see if the 4 contacts are all OK. I had this problem once in the past with bent contact strips in a USB port that caused intermittent signal loss :-0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-25-2021, 02:57 PM)janosch simon Wrote: i tried the volume mixer disabled and got the same result on interessing thing was that i got with DoP for a split second DSD on the display Smile so guess its more on the Oktoreaserch side hmm but the combo in gerneral sounds amazing!!!!

I've seen where some DACs don't like any switching back and forth between native DSD and DoP, it is usually a good idea to break and make the physical USB cable connection after changing that setting, forcing a new handshake.
meh just tried it with Jriver on my old workstation and with DoP64 it works i got in the display on the dac8 Pro DoP 64 Smile BUT the sound was beyond crap noise ratteling sounds then i tried an 44khz 24bit audio file Foxes - Clarity (Live) and with the Allo Combi and Moode i got the whole song goosebums Smile the pc sounds sooooooo dull lifeless crazy ...could not be more happy with my setup and at the moment im testing it with just a cheap headphone (beyerdynamics DT770 Pro 250ohm) out of the dac8 pro headphone output so much potential to get the sound even better Smile

But if i could get DSD64 and DSD128 out of moode the world would be complte Big Grin
Detecting native DSD is not done by moOde code but rather by Linux ALSA and Linux kernel.

The USB chipset in the audio device might need special vendor id settings in Linux kernel usb audio quirks file.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/blo...b/quirks.c

Just search the file for "dsd" to get a feel for what I mean.
Enjoy the Music!
yeah that could be the problem guess that the asio driver for windows know that id i just wrote okto to ask for their usb_id when i get it can i then forward it to you and you include it in that quirks.c? Smile im not fit at coding at all Big Grin
cheer and thx janosch
(01-25-2021, 03:53 PM)janosch simon Wrote: meh just tried it with Jriver on my old workstation and with DoP64 it works i got in the display on the dac8 Pro DoP 64 Smile BUT the sound was beyond crap noise ratteling sounds then i tried an 44khz 24bit audio file Foxes - Clarity (Live) and with the Allo Combi and Moode i got the whole song goosebums Smile the pc sounds sooooooo dull lifeless crazy ...could not be more happy with my setup and at the moment im testing it with just a cheap headphone (beyerdynamics DT770 Pro 250ohm) out of the dac8 pro headphone output so much potential to get the sound even better Smile

But if i could get DSD64 and DSD128 out of moode the world would be complte Big Grin

When you described the output as "beyond crap noise ratteling sounds" when playing DSD material, I immediate think jRiver may be modifying the bit stream---perhaps applying software volume control? DSD must be passed through unmodified.

I just googled your DAC; it looks awesome.

Regards,
Kent
(01-25-2021, 04:54 PM)janosch simon Wrote: yeah that could be the problem guess that the asio driver for windows know that id i just wrote okto to ask for their usb_id when i get it can i then forward it to you and you include it in that quirks.c? Smile im not fit at coding at all Big Grin
cheer and thx janosch

Our project does not maintain the Linux kernel. It's the responsibility of the audio device vendor to interact with Linux kernel maintainers if there are compatibility issues.
Enjoy the Music!
(10-30-2019, 12:06 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's a bit more complicated.

- The new Pi-4B requires Raspbian Buster and the 4.19.y kernel -- moOde 6 series :-)
- Raspbian Buster does not support the 4.14.y kernel
- Raspbian Stretch supports both the 4.14.y kernel and 4.19.y -- older moOde 5 series.

What this means for moOde and the reported audio distortion caused by 4.19.y/Buster and certain USB DAC's is that our project would need to maintain an additional Raspbian Stretch/4.14.y platform for moOde 6 series.

I think its technically possible but it's beyond our project bandwidth.

-Tim

For me at least, with my particular manifestation of the "pops & clicks" issue, the problem is completely solved in moOde 7.0.1!   I don't know why - I have not been able to find any reference to a fix in any release notes.

(I had this problem in moOde 6.4.0 from Allo. Allo downgraded me to moOde 5.3.1 as a successful workaround.
My manifestation had been: gentle clicks above 48kHz, much worse at 192kHz. USBridge Sig. Not dependent upon/caused by PSU or networking or cables or SD card or 3 different DACs or music source (both local files and Qobuz from BubbleUPnP)).

Now fixed. Thanks someone!

Ought I to report this fix in Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread , since it doesn't seem to be documented yet might be helpful to others to realise they may find a resolution in the new release?
Hi everybody,

I am a new member. I received my Allo USBridge Sig with the Shanti PSU yesterday running Moode.
I have been trying to configure DLNA settings and I may be done but I have one doubt.
I run my DLNA server in JRiver on a Mac Mini and use JRemote on my iPad as controller.
Everything seems fine but I am not sure that DSD playback is native or not.
I have a Lampizator Atlantic TRP dac connected to the Allo and this dac has no display to show sampling rate etc. As far as I know it can play DSD native and DoP too. (Up till yesterday I used a direct USB connection between the Mac Mini and the dac and streamed DSD through DoP).
So here is the config I have set:
In Moode I chose NO to DoP (the explanation says that in this case it sends native DSD to the dac but converts to PCM if the dac is not native DSD capable)
In Jriver I chose "Original Format" - no conversion in DLNA server setting.
During playback Moode says the following:

INPUT / OUTPUT
Source: http://192.168.0.115:52100/Music/F341.dsf
Encoded at: DSD64, 1 bit, 5.644 Mbps Stereo
Decoded to: DSD bitstream, 5.645 Mbps
Destination: Local
Output rate: DSD bitstream bit, 88.2 kHz, Stereo, 5.645 Mbps
DSP OPERATIONS
Volume ctl:
Resampling: off
Polarity inv: off
Crossfade: off
Crossfeed: off
Parametric EQ: off
Graphic EQ: off
Replaygain: off
Normalize vol: off
Chip options: None
AUDIO DEVICE
Device: USB audio device
Chip:
Interface: USB
Formats: Unable to determine formats
Platform: Allo USBridge SIG [Pi-CM3+ Lite 1GB v1.0]
-------------------------
Now, why does the Output say 88.2 kHz?
Does it mean that native DSD is not received by the dac? So the stream is converted to 88.2 kHz PCM?
(07-21-2020, 04:48 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @cofot28

As a followup to my previous post, here's an example of the moOde Audio Info screen I captured while playing a DSD-encoded track from a DLNA/UPnP Media Server (minimserver) using mConnectLite as my UPnP Control Point.

Code:
Source:     http://192.168.1.159:9790/minimserver/*/Music/DSD/NDSD012/12_Welcome-to-NativeDSD-Sampler_NativeDSD-Presents_NDSD012_2ch64.dsf
Encoded at:     DSD64, 1 bit, 2.822 Mbps Stereo
Decoded to:     DSD bitstream, 5.645 Mbps
Destination:     Local
Output rate:     DSD bitstream bit, 88.2 kHz, Stereo, 5.645 Mbps
DSP OPERATIONS
Volume ctl:     Software (MPD 32-bit float with dither)
Resampling:     off
Polarity inv:     off
Crossfade:     off
Crossfeed:     off
Parametric EQ:     off
Graphic EQ:     off
Replaygain:     off
Normalize vol:     off
Chip options:     None
AUDIO DEVICE
Device:     USB audio device (Control)
Mixer name:     Khadas Tone Control
Chip:     
Interface:     USB
Formats:     S16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
Platform:     Pi-4B 2GB v1.1

As you can see, it's DSD straight through to my DAC (which means the software volume control info is irrelevant because it's bypassed in this mode).

Regards,
Kent

It seems that Kent (Hi, Kent!) has a similar Audio info screen as myself playing a dsf file via DLNA, and he says that it is native DSD all through, although he has the 88.2 kHz info in the output.
Well, the sound is gorgeous anyway (I forgot to add this to my initial post) :-)