Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Mamboberry HD DAC+ v2 - constant noise
(09-12-2019, 03:54 PM)powski Wrote: This hum appears only when playing audio from USB , webradios are fine : why is this please ?

Web radios are 24bit/44.1kHz or 24bit/48kHz. So try resampling to one of these settings and see what happens over USB.
(09-12-2019, 05:53 PM)jonners Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 03:54 PM)powski Wrote: This hum appears only when playing audio from USB , webradios are fine : why is this please ?

Web radios are 24bit/44.1kHz or 24bit/48kHz. So try resampling to one of these settings and see what happens over USB.

Jonners, this is it ! This web radio perfect rendering seemed strange. Thank you very much for this insight ! 
So I have set resampling to 32bits / * khz, now I have the result I was looking for !

Kind regards,
Xavier
(09-12-2019, 07:09 PM)powskii Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:53 PM)jonners Wrote:

Jonners, this is it ! This web radio perfect rendering seemed strange. Thank you very much for this insight ! 
So I have set resampling to 32bits / * khz, now I have the result I was looking for !

Kind regards,
Xavier

Glad to hear it worked out, Xavier. Maybe some strange quirk of the Mambo DAC?
Glad everything is A-Ok now, but what was the moOde setting before such that your DACs wouldn't play properly? I've never had any trouble with a fresh moOde, new DACs, and default settings not playing my ripped CDs or Tim's soundtest file.

Regards,
Kent
Jonners, Kent,
I had the same problem with Hifiberry when resampling is set on disabled. In my experience, on both DACs, Software volume controller selection implies resampling setting to avoid hum...
Problem is solved
A quick test with Hifiberry DAC+Pro on a Pi-3B and no issues whatsoever with moOde 6.2.0 and software volume, hardware volume or volume disabled, resampling off or set to any of the available rates. Playing 16/44.1 FLAC files into a Klipsch 2.1 powered desktop speaker system and sounding perfectly fine with no audio distortions or background noise.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub