Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: WiFi (AP) and CAT-5 together
(06-29-2022, 07:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: maybe another dev will take a look at it.

That would be great.

Maybe it could be possible just to disable the whole wifi-stack in MoodeOS and simply replace it with RaspAP.
I have continued testing:

RaspAP could be installed without any problems.
After setting server.port = 8080 under /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf, the web configuration of RaspAP could also be called.

I then adjusted the hotspot settings in RaspAP (wifi name, wifi password, transmission power, etc.) as well as the DHCP options for the WLAN network.
After a restart, the hotspot worked with the new settings.

However, I have noticed some problems under RaspAP:
Under certain circumstances, Moode seems to change the hotspot settings (channel and transmission power).
In addition, the DHCP server (RaspAP uses dnsmasq here) is reset or cannot be started.
There seem to be processes running in the background in Moode that keep changing the settings here.

Under MoodeOS, I also noticed that Moode as a UPnP renderer is sometimes no longer displayed in the network.

I have not yet been able to identify a pattern here, but I suspect that the UPnP renderer is bound to an interface and that there are problems here, as two interfaces are now active at the same time with eth0 and wlan0.

I would be very grateful if a developer could take a look at this.
A real hotspot function is possible, but apparently still fails at the moment due to certain dependencies that I am unfortunately not aware of.
In any case, the function would be a gigantic added value for me!
@psychofaktory

I am not raising my hand to be "that" developer.

However, I will offer this one-time suggestion. Do not run RaspAP in its default AP mode with its own routing services and its own DHCP server. Instead, try running RaspAP in its alternate bridged AP mode.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope Thank you for the advice.

Then the system would be accessible from all clients on the LAN.
Until now, under MoodeOS 4.2, I always had it so that only users in the WLAN had access to the system.
I always found this very elegant for my application. It would therefore be great if this were still possible.
There could be an easier way to do this. Have a look at the section titled "Enable Packet Forwarding" in the article below. I haven't tested it but on paper it looks like it could work.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/set...-point/all

To try and hack it into moOde there needs to be a change in /var/www/daemon/worker.php that will allow AP mode to start even if there is an Ethernet connection. Something like below.

Code:
Line #332:
Replace this if/else code block

if (empty($eth0Ip)) {
            // Case: no eth0 addr
            workerLog('worker: wlan0 AP mode started');
            $_SESSION['apactivated'] = true;
            activateApMode();
        } else {
            // Case: eth0 addr exists
            workerLog('worker: wlan0 AP mode not started (eth0 active)');
            $_SESSION['apactivated'] = false;
        }

With this code block

activateApMode();

Code:
Line# 357:
Replace this if/else code block
                if (empty($eth0Ip)) {
                    activateApMode();
                    $wlan0Ip = checkForIpAddr('wlan0', $_SESSION['ipaddr_timeout']);
                } else {
                    workerLog('worker: wlan0 AP mode not started (eth0 active)');
                    $_SESSION['apactivated'] = false;
                }

With this code block

activateApMode();
                $wlan0Ip = checkForIpAddr('wlan0', $_SESSION['ipaddr_timeout']);
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub