Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: White noise occurs at random while playing
I don't know if this applies to streaming. But FWIW- I had an issue with white noise occurring occasionally between songs on my SSD. Determined that it was happening when mixing FLAC and MP3 files in a play list. Set the SoX resampling to match my FLAC tracks and the problem went away. Also converting the MP3s to FLAC worked.

My Klipse Powergate DAC/Amp was the problem.
(02-17-2023, 07:44 PM)dwlacroix Wrote: I don't know if this applies to streaming. But FWIW- I had an issue with white noise occurring occasionally between songs on my SSD. Determined that it was happening when mixing FLAC and MP3 files in a play list. Set the SoX resampling to match my FLAC tracks and the problem went away. Also converting the MP3s to FLAC worked.

My Klipse Powergate  DAC/Amp was the problem.

thank you for this. I actually suspected this as well, however, the problem seems to occur more frequently while playing radio streams; usually mp3 as far as I can see. When playing local songs, the issue does sometimes occur, but less frequent. The "solution" was to pause, and start playing again. It almost feels like the audio stream decoding goes "off the rails"  somehow/somewhere. I have played with the resampling, but I never found a setting that helped here.
I'm having a similar problem.  FLACs play fine.  MP3 and radio just hiss.  

Tried 4 systems -- All 3B, all Linux kernel = 5.15.84-v8+ #1613.  All moOde release = 8.2.5 2023-01-20

If there's anymore information I can provide, I'm happy to.

This one hisses on radio and MP3 files
moOde release = 8.2.5 2023-01-20
RaspiOS = 11.6
Audio device = Allo Piano Hi-Fi DAC
This one also uses a Kali reclocker - in the past, I thought this one was damaged in a power failure using Volumio, but it worked again when I switched to Moode and it's been working fine for months.

This one works fine
RaspiOS = 11.3
Audio device = Allo Boss DAC

This one works fine

RaspiOS = 11.5
Audio device = AudioQuest DragonFly

This one works fine

RaspiOS = 11.6
Audio device = HiBerry DAC+

Mike
IIRC the Kali has an issue whereby 24 bit audio produces hiss.
Try setting MPD resampling to Bit depth = 32.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-19-2023, 11:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: IIRC the Kali has an issue whereby 24 bit audio produces hiss.
Try setting MPD resampling to Bit depth = 32.

I tried that, and it was still hissing. However, when I went to double check it, bit depth was still set to "any". When I change it to 32 and hit save it doesn't seem to actually save that. Could I be doing something dumb? I usually am.
Also set Enabled to yes.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-20-2023, 01:22 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Also set Enabled to yes.

That fixed it! Thanks!