Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Set Startup volume ?
Question 
Hello everybody!

Trying Moode Audio after having used Runeaudio and Volumio for a while:
Using latest Moode Relase on Pi3B with an Iqaudio DAC + Works very well so far :-)

I'm trying to set-up an automatic volume value at startup but didnt found any option in Moode Audio, have i missed something somewhere? If not, is there a way to achieve this?

Actually, the volume at reboot is the same as when shutdown.

Looking forward foy your help :-)
There is no setting for this.

Whats the usage scenario where a specific volume is needed after reboot?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-13-2018, 12:43 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: There is no setting for this.

Whats the usage scenario where a specific volume is needed after reboot?

-Tim

Hello Sir,

Thanks for you answer :-)

i need this because the Amp where my Moode audio player is connected has a computer connected at it aswell and has a "fixed" volume.

I only use windows or moodeaudio volume rockers to fit my needs in a certain volume range. i avoid using the volume from the amp because i need another remote :-(
If Moodaudio start then auto play at 100% volume, it wiil be too loud for my daily listening :-)

Idea is:
if i'm listening at loud volume on volumio, then shut it down, i'd appreciate if, when restarted, the volume was set do a default boot value that is a daily use volume.

for information purpose, Volumio and Runaudio both had this option.

Hope my explanations are clear enough.

If i can help you in any way, dont hesitate asking me :-)

(sorry for my english Tongue )
If I get more requests for this I can add to the TODO list.

If you want to try a workaround then just set your desired volume level in the restart.sh script. I used the value 50 in the example below.

sudo nano /var/local/www/commandw/restart.sh

Add the following line of code after 'mpc stop' in the "reboot" and "power off" code blocks.
/var/www/vol.sh 50

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
I have a question regarding to startup volume. I think I have the opposite problem.

I use Moode (4.1) with a HifiBerry DAC+ with volume-control set to hardware as UPnP-renderer. If I hear music, lets say with volume set to "40", restart Moode sometimes the volume ist set back to "26".
I would prefer to have the last used volume on startup.

Is this a known behaviour?
Try enabling UPnP volume sync, then reboot. This should cause moOde volume knob to sync up with volume changes made on UPnP control point.

Enable UPnP vol sync
Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='1534' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

Disable UPnP vol sync
Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='510' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(05-13-2018, 09:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If I get more requests for this I can add to the TODO list.

If you want to try a workaround then just set your desired volume level in the restart.sh script. I used the value 50 in the example below.

sudo nano /var/local/www/commandw/restart.sh

Add the following line of code after 'mpc stop' in the "reboot" and "power off" code blocks.
/var/www/vol.sh 50

-Tim

Hello Tim,

Worked perfectly. Cool
Thanks for your help and clear instructions :-)
I have here two MoodeOS in version 8.1.2.
One on a Raspberry Pi 3 and one on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Both are configured identically. Each with a HifiBerry DAC+ and Volume control set to Hardware.

The media is transferred to the UPnP renderer via BubbleUPnP in each case.

I noticed that the initial volume on the Raspberry Pi 3 is always 20% after starting MoodeAudio. On the Raspberry Pi 4, however, it is always at 89%.

How does it come to the difference and how can the startup volume be set here.

The trick given here with /var/www/vol.sh 50 did not work here unfortunately.
And neither did enabling UPnP volume sync to restore the last set volume after a reboot of the system.

Independently of this, I also noticed on both systems that in BubbleUPnP the playlist of the previous session available in Moode is not displayed directly after a start of MoodeAudio. Only when a new element is added to the playlist via BubbleUPnP, the playlist appears.
Unfortunately, I do not know where exactly the error is to be found here.
(03-16-2023, 07:35 PM)psychofaktory Wrote: I have here two MoodeOS in version 8.1.2.

Both are configured identically. Each with a HifiBerry DAC+ and Volume control set to Hardware.

I noticed that the initial volume on the Raspberry Pi 3 is always 20% after starting MoodeAudio. On the Raspberry Pi 4, however, it is always at 89%.

And neither did enabling UPnP volume sync to restore the last set volume after a reboot of the system.

Independently of this, I also noticed on both systems that in BubbleUPnP the playlist of the previous session available in Moode is not displayed directly after a start of MoodeAudio. Only when a new element is added to the playlist via BubbleUPnP, the playlist appears.

During moOde startup the volume is set based on the value of the knob.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-16-2023, 07:35 PM)psychofaktory Wrote: I have here two MoodeOS in version 8.1.2.

This would probably be better answered using a fresh thread maybe?
----------------
Robert