Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Connecting Spotify Slowed Down with V6
Hi all,

I upgraded to V6.1 ( It was 5.3.1 ) over the weekend ( Fresh install and configuration ).

I realized; Connecting Moode Spotify renderer from my iOS 13.1 Developer Beta device is taking at least couple of seconds which was almost spontaneous on version 5.

Any idea or suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Starting with moOde 6.1.0, a more recent version of librespot is used. You could try swapping in the earlier version from the 6.0.0 release to see if that makes a diff.

Code:
1. Turn off Spotify renderer in Audio Config

2. Save current binary
sudo cp /usr/local/bin/librespot ./librespot_save

3. Get 6.0.0 sources
sudo wget https://github.com/moode-player/moode/archive/r600prod.zip
sudo unzip -q ./moode-r600prod.zip

4. Install older binary
sudo cp ./moode-r600prod/other/librespot/librespot-daeeeaa-armv6l /usr/local/bin/librespot

5. Turn on Spotify renderer in Audio Config

#
# To go back to current binary from 6.1.0
#

2. Install saved binary
sudo cp ./librespot_save /usr/local/bin/librespot

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
It is not encouraging to see the maintainer of the librespot repo has called for a show of hands from people willing to take over responsibility for the repo and so far has only 1+/-1 lukewarm responses. This is already a fork of the original repo which went fallow several years ago. Seems there's a limited number of people who care, are competent in Rust, and have a good understanding of the internals.

I never used Spotify until Tim added the capability to moOde and I decided I ought to open a Premium account so I could test the new feature. I don't use it all the time and nor even every day, but at least once or twice a week I'm looking for something on it for my SO.

Regards,
Kent
(09-02-2019, 01:46 PM)Hey @Tim CurtisI will try and report back Thanks for the instructions Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Starting with moOde 6.1.0, a more recent version of librespot is used. You could try swapping in the earlier version from the 6.0.0 release to see if that makes a diff.

Code:

2. Save current binary
sudo cp /usr/local/bin/librespot ./librespot_save

3. Get 6.0.0 sources
sudo wget https://github.com/moode-player/moode/archive/r600prod.zip
sudo unzip -q ./moode-r600prod.zip

4. Install older binary
sudo cp ./moode-r600prod/other/librespot/librespot-daeeeaa-armv6l /usr/local/bin/librespot

#
# To go back to current binary from 6.1.0
#

2. Install saved binary
sudo cp ./librespot_save /usr/local/bin/librespot

Hi @Tim Curtis

I am reporting back.

It did not make any difference.

Just for the records who would like to give it a go for test

Second instruction in the step 3 is wrong as downloaded file name is r600prod.zip not moode-r600prod.zip

Thanks