Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New behaviour - skip track on Radio
Ok.  Beyond my intro, this is my first post, so please go eazy if its already implemented.

First, THANK YOU Tim and all involved for a great player AND integration with camilla (something important to me).

On to my idea.

I believe the skip track behavior of the player when playing files of a playlist, should be different from when its playing a streaming radio “station”.  Currently, when the skip track button is pushed on a streaming radio, MoOde skips the next thing in the playlist.  However, to me, it would seem the user might really simply want to skip THIS SONG on the CURRENT stream (i use radio paradise’s app, and it works this way).

Of course, they might also want to skip to the next thing in their playlist also, so this might lead to a second button to support each be behaviour.

What do you think?
- does this already exist and i shoulda kept looking? (Please help, if so)
- other’s thoughts and refinements?

… ok, let it bake and see what comes out…
Not possible to skip radio station tracks for the built in stations shipped with moode because neither MPD nor the stations themselves support such a feature. Some stations might have a special stream that supports track skip but it requires their custom app.

I think there is a Python script somewhere for doing track skip in Radio Paradise that the maintainer for the UPnP software created but I've lost track of it.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub