Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde 6.4.0 bug reports
(12-04-2019, 08:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Prolly just need a Menu, Refresh :-)

The javascript library that draws the knobs is relatively old and unsupported, and a refresh as Tim suggests is the easiest solution to display quirks (knob weirdness is why we force a refresh on screen rotation — though the current portrait presentation is not great so I don’t suggest using it anyway).

If you can come up with a way to consistently trigger the condition though we can take a look at it.
(12-05-2019, 03:05 AM)swizzle Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 08:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Prolly just need a Menu, Refresh :-)

The javascript library that draws the knobs is relatively old and unsupported, and a refresh as Tim suggests is the easiest solution to display quirks (knob weirdness is why we force a refresh on screen rotation — though the current portrait presentation is not great so I don’t suggest using it anyway).

If you can come up with a way to consistently trigger the condition though we can take a look at it.

Hi swizzle,
To me it happen when the system is shut off on the radio/nav/Album/cover views when the system is set on again I land on this very last page. Now, if I go back on the play screen the wheels are not good.
If the system is shut off while on the play screen (with the playlist), when the system is back online again then wheels are OK.

Thanks for the job
Rasptouch case with RPI3 + I2C 16x2 screen and IR port
Audiophonics I-Sabre V2.1 DAC ES9023 TCXO
Moode 6.4 + Roon Rock with 1.7. Playback issues.

I have a Roon Rock server with the current version running. I have two Allo USBridge Sig devices running MoOde 6.4 as Squeezelite endpoints. One is named moode and the other is moodehp.

When I start playing music about 90% of the time when I start playing local files the first track is skipped and the second track starts but about 75% of the time that track will be “choppy”. If I then stop play back and restart it work.

With the music playing I then select a different album and start it. This happens again. A reboot of the endpoint seems to “fix” the problem for a while. (Of course this does not mean this is a MoOde problem)

To debug I think I will stand up a separate LMS server and shut down Roon Rock to see if I can reproduce it.

As a note running MoOde from the UI this does not happen or running Audirvana+ with UPnP does not seem to cause the problem.

NOTE that this also happens with streaming Tidal or Qobuz in Roon.

I had seen this happen on occasion with Roon 1.6 and MoODe 6.3 but it is now much worse. Two software changes make for a mess!

I will proceed with LMS testing to try to eliminate Roon from the equation. I just wanted to get a report in.

Bob
@bobfa

I'm not seeing an issue running LMS 7.9.2 - 1570959002 on a Linux Mint box and driving an RPi4B running moOde 6.4.0.

No Roon gear/software here so can't comment technically.

Editorially, I have to say I think this issue deserves its own thread, given the mashup of software and hardware components involved and the fact that you've "seen this happen on occasion".

Regards,
Kent
I think I FOUND the problem. I have two devices running MoOde. I had “renamed” them. But the main rename does not change the other protocol names. So I had two devices with the same name on Squeezelite.

I am testing tonight and it seems to have fixed the problem.
Hi,

Heres the latest status on bug fixes and updates for upcoming 6.4.1

Code:
########################################################
//
// 6.4.1 2019-MM-DD
//
########################################################

Updates

- UPD: Add features availability to moodeutl
- UPD: Improve volume knob step limiter
- UPD: Improve mixer name parsing for USB DAC's
- UPD: Use mixer name 'Channels' for HiFiBerry Amp(Amp+)
- UPD: Comment out Info logging from watchdog

Bug fixes

- FIX: 64-bit kernel not listed in dropdown if USBridge SIG
- FIX: Partial fix for Autofocus not working on modal popups
- FIX: Logic to parse /etc/resolv.conf for Moode log
- FIX: Minor bugs in various HTML template files
- FIX: Spurious HTML tags in header.php and footer.php
- FIX: Auto-config fails if moodecfg.txt contains CRLF
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-10-2019, 01:16 AM)bobfa Wrote: I think I FOUND the problem.  I have two devices running MoOde. I had “renamed” them. But the main rename does not change the other protocol names.  So I had two devices with the same name on Squeezelite.

I am testing tonight and it seems to have fixed the problem.

It is not fixed I can reproduce it at will.   We can move this to another thread if you want.  Way too complex.

I will see If I can pull up a 6.3 on one of my devices to see if it happens there also.
(12-08-2019, 04:31 PM)bobfa Wrote: Moode 6.4 + Roon Rock with 1.7.  Playback issues.

I have a Roon Rock server with the current version running.  I have two Allo USBridge Sig devices running MoOde 6.4 as Squeezelite endpoints. One is named moode and the other is moodehp.

When I start playing music about 90% of the time when I start playing local files the first track is skipped and the second track starts but about 75% of the time that track will be “choppy”. If I then stop play back and restart it work.  

With the music playing I then select a different album and start it.  This happens again.    A reboot of  the endpoint seems to “fix” the problem for a while.  (Of course this does not mean this is a MoOde problem)

To debug I think I will stand up a separate LMS server and shut down Roon Rock to see if I can reproduce it.

As a note running MoOde from the UI this does not happen or running Audirvana+ with UPnP does not seem to cause the problem.

NOTE that this also happens with streaming Tidal or Qobuz in Roon.  

I had seen this happen on occasion with Roon 1.6 and MoODe 6.3 but it is now much worse.  Two software changes make for a mess!

I will proceed with LMS testing to try to eliminate Roon from the equation.  I just wanted to get a report in.  

Bob

I'm having a very similar issue with a simpler configuration.  Music on a Synology DS418 NAS, Roon 1.7 running under Rock on an i3 NUC to Squeezelite on an Allo USBridge Signature. All connections via wired ethernet.

The problem seems to happen most often (but not exclusively) after the system hasn't been used for a while.  Typically a track will play for ten to fifteen seconds then either skip to the next or stop altogether.  It's more likely if I manually skip a track.

I've also had the choppiness a couple of times.

I don't recall having the issue with anything like this frequency on previous versions, although Moode 6.4 and Roon 1.7 came out at around the same time so it may be something's changed in Roon rather than Moode.  Like Bob I'll try to flash my 6.3 image and check whether I get the same problems there.

As a matter of interest, the version of Squeezelite Moode uses seems to be 1.8.7.  The current version appears to be 1.9.6 - are there any significant differences?
(11-28-2019, 04:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here is the first bug :-0

On System Config, 64-bit kernel choice does not show up in the drop down if the Pi is the Allo USBridge SIG. Its due to an error in the friendly name for the SIG.

Here is a temporary fix.

Code:
sudo sed -i 's/Pi-CM3+ Lite/CM3+ Lite/' /var/www/inc/playerlib.php

sudo reboot

Just to let you know. 

In 64bit mode the Allo USBridge Sig has many dropouts with my setup. (buffer 10240) On 32bit with the same buffer it's near perfect.
Thanks, good info :-)

The 64-bit kernel option is just for testing and experimentation. At some point in the future the raspberry Pi Foundation will work out all the kinks in 64-bit integration into Raspbian OS.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub