Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Duplicated Albums - Help for Novice
Hi
We have set up MoOde and the music is being pulled from a Nas drive, CDs have been ripped as Flac files and all has worked well. However, I notice in the library on MoOde, some of the albums have been duplicated and are listed as unknown artist-unknown album, despite pulling the meta data on the initial thumbnail which is listed with all the correct data, I hope this makes sense!  What am I doing wrong and how can I correct this easily! I can live with this but my aspie side doesn't like the mess of duplicted thumbnails. Answers in 'MoOde for Dummies' language if possible please!  Huh
Hi Twinkle,

You need to have 1 Artist Name or 1  Album Artist and 1 Genre for all the tracks on an album.
It appears that your files aren't tagged or tagged incorrectly OP, this isn't really a Moode thing as missing/incorrect tags would show a similar effect on any player that utilizes file metadata.
Hi
I suspected as much but not sure how to change them easily! Any ideas?  There are bout 250 albums!
(12-02-2019, 08:40 PM)Twinkle Wrote: Hi
I suspected as much but not sure how to change them easily! Any ideas?  There are bout 250 albums!

Depending on what computer/operating system you have, mp3tag is popular on Windows. I usually use easytag on Linux.
(12-03-2019, 06:00 AM)vinnn Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 08:40 PM)Twinkle Wrote: Hi

Depending on what computer/operating system you have, mp3tag is popular on Windows. I usually use easytag on Linux.

Lest anyone think the 'mp3' in its title is restrictive, the mp3tag product description says it

Quote:supports batch tag-editing of ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags for multiple files at once covering a variety of audio formats.

I use a variety of tools but mp3tag is always in my toolkit. As @vinnn suggests, mp3tag and easytag are roughly equivalent. I'd suggest to choose one and stick with it so you gain proficiency. 

Incidentally, both can be made to run in Windows and in Linux. Easytag binaries are available for both. Mp3tag is available only as a Windows binary but I run it in PlayOnLinux---which leverages wine---on my Linux hosts.

Regards,
Kent

[added postscript] It's easy for the unwary accidentally to end up with multiple tagging schemes on a file using one of these graphical apps. Be sure to read all the options.