Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to get a warmer sound?
Many thanks - great feedback all.
Is the SOX resampling CPU intensive - I get uninteligible scrambled audio at anything over 24/88.2 very high setting.

This is using Pi Compute card 3+, multithreading enabled.
Very odd.

Heres CPU utilization with 32/384, Very high qual and multithreading on. No issues whatsoever on CM3+ based SIG. DAC is a Katana.

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ moodeutl -m
CPU: 1.2 GHz | LOAD: 13% | TEMP: 42°C | RAM_USED: 36% | DISK_USED: 79% | FPM_POOL: 12 workers

If you have manually added any third party kernel tweaks including cpu pinning, irq stuff, under-clocking, under-volting etc then remove these and re-test.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim - no modifications made, I'm just using Moode as stock. Any idea how I diagnose the cause? So far all I know if that if I drop the SOX settings down to 24/88.2 or lower it works fine, anything above and the sound is an uninteligible hash.
It could be that the DAC's USB chipset is not compatible with Linux USB audio driver. Does the DAC manufacturer officially support Linux?

If it's not a compatibility issue then it's not obvious to me what might be going on.
Enjoy the Music!
(12-16-2019, 12:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It could be that the DAC's USB chipset is not compatible with Linux USB audio driver. Does the DAC manufacturer officially support Linux?

If it's not a compatibility issue then it's not obvious to me what might be going on.

Naim DAC V1 is compatible with Linux (works fine with AudioLinux, Euphony), so I don't know what the cause is.  Is there anything I could supply that might aid diagnosis?
(12-16-2019, 12:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It could be that the DAC's USB chipset is not compatible with Linux USB audio driver. Does the DAC manufacturer officially support Linux?

From their literature they support Mac and Windows....no mention of Linux.

and...perhaps this has some bearing...
Quote:Its Burr-Brown converter chips, for instance, are also found in our flagship CD555 CD player. The DAC overcomes the jitter inherent in standard digital connections by reading data independent of its timing signal. Its digital filtering, based on a 40bit floating-point SHARC DSP chip running unique Naim Audio code, sets new standards in its class
----------
bob
(12-17-2019, 08:16 AM)stretchneck Wrote:

Naim DAC V1 is compatible with Linux (works fine with AudioLinux, Euphony), so I don't know what the cause is.  Is there anything I could supply that might aid diagnosis?

Maybe a corrupt SDCard burn?

What OS and kernel version do the other players use?
Enjoy the Music!
Perhaps you could get a warmer sound just with a pair of these? https://www.amazon.co.uk/180s-Fleece-Aud...B00B97TOLY
LOL
Enjoy the Music!