Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Constant Clicking Noise.
Music 
I have moode set up on two RaspberryPi Zero W units.  One is equipped with the Adafruit Stereo Bonnet (1) and the other is the I2S DAC Bonnet (2) with the 3.5 mm ouput jack.  Unit 1 works pretty good, although I do get a pop when audio is started.  The issue I'm having with unit 2 is a constant ticking noise.  Once the pi is booted and the DAC is initialized, the ticking begins and persists throughout.  I can play audio, but the ticking is still there.  I've tried various settings and turned off all surrounding devices.  I moved the unit over to a battery pack to see if it was the a/c adapter.  All to no avail.  I'm hoping someone has had and fixed this issue. 

Here is a link to a wav file of the noise that i recorded. [/url][url=https://voca.ro/ajNxWGb68dW]Ticking wav file

For some reason i get no sound from the vocaroo website, but if you download it, it will play.

Thanks
PR
Have you contacted Adafruit?

This seems like some sort of hardware issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-15-2019, 01:04 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Have you contacted Adafruit?

i have not yet contacted them.  I just received the bonnet today.  So i has hoping it was something i was doing wrong before I go thru the headache.
(12-15-2019, 01:04 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Have you contacted Adafruit?

Seems like these bonnets aren't very stable.  This the the second time in 3 weeks I've had hardware problems with adafruit boards.  I'm getting them through Mouser.com and I don't want to seem like a problem.