Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Queue size affects now playing screen performance
(01-12-2020, 08:17 AM)vinnn Wrote: Firefox's main issue is the inability to do full screen sessions. Annoying as, as you reminded me, it's usually the fastest at rendering but I can't deal with my control surface having big fat tab & address bars at the top making everything else smaller.
Thus I've settled on the Samsung Browser just because it's been the fastest of the bunch that does full screen sessions.
Good news, turns out Firefox is capable of creating app-like fullscreen shortcuts.

When I go to wegotravel.co.uk there is an "add to homescreen" icon in the address bar. You can either press it or use menu>page>add page shortcut to create a shortcut identical to chrome/samsung browser ones.

It seems like it requires some kind of HTML flag that moode doesn't have.

(01-17-2020, 08:14 AM)swizzle Wrote: There’s an upcoming patch that greatly improves how moode works with a large playlists but no eta for when that’ll land.
Happy to hear that the performance can be further improved, thanks!
That feature is called Add to Home Screen (A2HS)

See, for example, the Mozilla Developer page.

A few quotes from it:

Quote:Add to Home screen (or A2HS for short) is a feature available in modern smartphone browsers that allows developers to easily and conveniently add a shortcut to their Home screen representing their favorite web app (or site) so they can subsequently access it with a single tap. 

and

Quote:A2HS is supported by Mobile Chrome/Android Webview since version 31, Opera for Android since version 32, and Firefox for Android since version 58.

and

Quote:How do you make an app A2HS-ready?

To enable your app to be added to a Home screen, it needs the following:

* To be served over HTTPs — the web is increasingly being moved in a more secure direction, and many modern web technologies (A2HS included) will work only on secure contexts.
   * To have a manifest file with the correct fields filled in, linked from the HTML head.
   * To have an appropriate icon available for displaying on the Home screen.
   * Chrome additionally requires the app to have a service worker registered (e.g., so it can function when offline).

The first item is a killjoy for us.

Regards,
Kent
Interesting "only over HTTPS" (at some point)

The certificates required for HTTPS require yearly fees.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Wink 
I made a post that after testing that wego.co.uk link turned out to be half-cocked, thus I've removed it but yes that works in Firefox. The https requirement is a blocker though considering Moode's a self hosted web application.
(01-29-2020, 10:46 AM)vinnn Wrote: ...

@TheOldPresbyope
A2HS seems to be a standard for creating a button/option within a web application that tells the browser to create a home screen shortcut on a mobile device without the user doing it from the browser's menu. It's not a requirement for being able to create a home screen shortcut on Android.

We seem to be in violent agreement. The OP specifically pointed out the cute A2HS feature on the wegotravel site. It can accomplish more than the manual function but its existence is moot for moOde.

Regards,
Kent
(01-29-2020, 11:59 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: We seem to be in violent agreement. The OP specifically pointed out the cute A2HS feature on the wegotravel site. It can accomplish more than the manual function but its existence is moot for moOde.

Regards,
Kent

Yeah but you were too fast, I changed the post probably as you were replying.
Rolleyes
(01-29-2020, 03:32 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Interesting "only over HTTPS" (at some point)
Oof, that's sad. Dammit, Firefox!
I've built a simple geckoview app using this tutorial.
It's just like a chrome shortcut except it runs on Gecko engine so you get Firefox-like performance. Also, since it's a standalone app you can add it to your lockscreen, launch it from Tasker for automation purposes etc.
You'll have to change your RPi ip to 192.168.1.11 because that's what the app is configured to open. I was too lazy to spend time figuring out how to add a setup dialog, sorry.

Download (OneDrive):
Standard version with statusbar and navbar
Immersive mode version