Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Newbie UPNP question
(04-13-2018, 12:49 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @otto52

Don't know what you've already read about Windows 10 and Samba. This article was useful to me https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how...indows-10/

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent.  I did try that yesterday using //router IP address/Seagate Expansion Drive but it didn't work.  "Seagate Expansion Drive" is the disc name as reported by the router.  This link made it look easy but sadly it didn't work despite Network Discovery being enabled, I tried both / and \ too. It doesn't show up if I choose "Browse" rather than entering the name in the box.  The disc is NTFS formatted and works perfectly well on W10 and Pi machines.  I'm not familiar with Samba yet but I'm sure I will need to be before long!
(04-13-2018, 01:04 PM)otto52 Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 12:49 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @otto52

Don't know what you've already read about Windows 10 and Samba. This article was useful to me https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how...indows-10/

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent.  I did try that yesterday using //router IP address/Seagate Expansion Drive but it didn't work.  "Seagate Expansion Drive" is the disc name as reported by the router.  This link made it look easy but sadly it didn't work despite Network Discovery being enabled, I tried both / and \ too.  It doesn't show up if I choose "Browse" rather than entering the name in the box.  The disc is NTFS formatted and works perfectly well on W10 and Pi machines.  I'm not familiar with Samba yet but I'm sure I will need to be before long!

@otto52

I assume you found this link Smart Hub 6 USB hard drive problem

As a data point regarding your planned NAS, I'm running OpenMediaVault on an Odroid HC1 with an SSD drive. It's serving tracks to moOde via SAMBA just fine. (NFS worked too when I tried it.) There's a learning curve associated with figuring out the OMV UI and turning on various services.

Attached is a screen capture of the Network Browser on my Windows 10 host. In the Computer section, you see the host OMV-HC1. If I click down through it I get to my SAMBA MUSIC directory. In the Media Devices section, you see a bunch of UPnP/OpenHome sources, including a DLNA server on OMV and the various servers running on two moOde hosts.

Regards,
Kent

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, I did find that link, it seems I'm not the only one with the issue! There are a number of similar threads on a variety of forums. I tried a USB stick as well - same issue.

Thanks for the info about OMV, I expect I'll run into some issues with that as this is all a new area for me. I've always been a record or cd-player - amp - speakers person. I'm also looking at making a mini player with a Pi Zero and HiFiBerry MiniAmp, though I see the latter isn't yet supported by moOde. Hopefully that won't be too big an issue. I successfully updated moOde to 4.1 this afternoon and will get to the NAS once the new kit arrives. By the way, the updater asked if I had a backup of my 4.0 SD card. I don't, and I haven't a clue how to copy one!

Cheers
Richard
Hi New guy here…I too have a network issue. I have tried to make a NAS using a Pi and gave up as it is too hard. I have a Win 10 setup with a few PC’s and a router and have no idea how to find any of my music. In the set-up that section was like Greek to me…Unlike Otto52, I cannot repeat cannot hear the radio….

Help?? Please

Edit - made the radio work. Still having the networking issues.
After a long hiatus I now have a working Windows 10 network, a  basic RPi NAS and a working Moode 4.4 connected over wi-fi and I can access and play the 500 or so CDs stored on the NAS, but I'm still at a loss to understand UPnP I'm afraid. All I'd like to do is play the NAS music on my Roberts internet radios as well as Moode. My Roberts Stream 93i sees the Moode DLNA source and can play the single audio file that exists on the Moode's SD card, and I can select the NAS and RADIO folders but they both report as empty. Earlier in the thread it was explained that I need a UPnP controller to do this.

I have tried Linn Kinsky, Lumin and Sesam Music UPnP apps on my iPhone; Kinsky and Sesam can see the Roberts as a destination and Moode DLNA as a source, but neither see any of the NAS files, just the one on the SD card.  Sesam can see (and play) files on my PC but I can't hear the music either on the Roberts or the iPhone.  UPnP is a compete mystery to me, can anyone help please?!

The NAS uses a SAMBA share btw.
You should check if your files are well scanned by clicking on VIEW Status of db update in moode audio config.
(03-20-2019, 12:53 PM)The TookaFace Wrote: You should check if your files are well scanned by clicking on VIEW Status of db update in moode audio config.

That’s it! I rebuilt the DLNA database and now it’s all working. I had no idea there was a separate database for DLNA. many thanks TookaFace Smile. And apologies for the delay in response, I’ve been away a couple of days.