Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Tidal won't play?
I have got a Tone Board connected to the USB, it works fine if I send music from my phone, but I don't bother with locally stored files, I just use Tidal. 

However, I send it to moode and it shows it on the screen if I have the HDMI plugged in, but then gives me an error saying unable to render. 

Not sure why this is the case?

I tested it yesterday before ordering the Tone Board, just plugged into the TV with HDMI and it played fine. 
I got the tone board today and it won't play ball with Tidal at all, reinstalled moode and started again, and now won't play via HDMI either.

Any ideas?
@gizze

I'm away from the house ATM. If no one answers in the meantime, I'll get back to you later tonight (Eastern US time).

Regards,
Kent
Assuming the Khadas Tone Board is what you mean by "Tone Board", this device works fine for me with moOde 6.4.0 on an RPi4B.

Candidly, I'm confused by your problem description, especially with your ambiguous mention of HDMI (is it for display or for audio?).

Maybe we should start with a simple configuration. Fresh moOde installation. KTB plugged into a USB socket. NO HDMI connection. With a browser on a phone, tablet, or computer, and using the moOde UI, make sure that, on the Audio config page, the I2S device set to "None" and, on the MPD config page under Audio device,  the Device type is set to "USB Audio device". Save the MPD configuration.

At this point, assuming the Tone Board is connected to an amplifier and headphones or speakers, you should be able to play Internet radio stations, tracks stored locally or on a connected NAS. If various alternative renderers are enabled, your should also be able to play music streamed into moOde via, say, Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify. Squeezelite, or UPnP.

When that's working, we can talk about Tidal and which method you are using to play Tidal selections. Method 1 is to use a Tidal app on some other device to select tracks and stream the output from that device to moOde via one of the alternative renderers. Method 2 is to setup your Tidal account on the UPnP configuration page and then use a UPnP control point on some other device to select and stream Tidal tracks directly.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

As I said, I have the dac all working fine, I can play music stored locally, internet radio is also fine, it is not a hardware issue.
I mentioned the HDMI as when I was quickly trying it, Tidal was streaming fine.
I liked the set up so ordered a Tone Board, the only thing I changed was the config for the DAC, I was then playing some local files to test and it was fine, however, when I then tried to play some music from Tidal, which is my main source of music, it kept saying unable to render, or something like that.

I did a fresh install, but kept getting the same thing.

I thought maybe it was a dac issue, I was clutching at straws really.

I willl install it again later today and have another go. I just wondered more if there was a known issue with the Tidal integration currently.
@gizze

Well, my moOde 6.4.0 running on an RPi4B+ and driving a Khadas Tone Board is working fine, including playing Tidal tracks by way of the moOde UPnP renderer. I entered my Tidal account credentials on the UnP config page. Just now I'm using the mconnect Player LITE app on my iPad as my control point but I've used various Linn apps on both my iOS iPad and and my Android Pixel 3A as well as BubbleUPnP on my Pixel. BubbleUPnP is my go-to app on Android devices.

Holiday guests are just coming to the door so I'm off the air for the next day or so.

Regards,
Kent
(12-24-2019, 06:06 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @gizze

Well, my moOde 6.4.0 running on an RPi4B+ and driving a Khadas Tone Board is working fine, including playing Tidal tracks by way of the moOde UPnP renderer. I entered my Tidal account credentials on the UnP config page. Just now I'm using the mconnect Player LITE app on my iPad as my control point but I've used various Linn apps on both my iOS iPad and and my Android Pixel 3A as well as BubbleUPnP on my Pixel. BubbleUPnP is my go-to app on Android devices.

Holiday guests are just coming to the door so I'm off the air for the next day or so.

Regards,
Kent

These are the errors I am getting come up....

Qobuz...

Tidal...

So happening with Tidal and Qobuz. 

It does sometimes play the track for a few seconds, then gives the same error.
@gizze

Regarding Qobuz, so far as I know, the upmpdcli code which creates the Tidal and Qobuz proxy services on moOde no longer works for Qobuz. This is the result of actions Qobuz took last October, and it has affected many open-source music players. You can find cries of anguish about this posted around the Web!

According to the upmpdcli developer (https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/...anual.html)

Quote:Using Qobuz through the Upmpdcli Media Server

upmpdcli Qobuz access does not work any more....

The Media Server referred to here is the part of upmpdcli which acts as a proxy for the Tidal (and Qobuz) streaming services. 

That URI you see in your error message, such as "http://192.168.1.68:19156/tidal/7334269.AAC", is a proxy URI on your moOde player which is converted by the upmpdcli code into the real URI of the track on the Tidal (or Qobuz) server.

As for Tidal, I seem to recall seeing something like your problem once before but, sorry, I can't remember the specifics. I'll have to do some digging and get back to you.

As an alternative to using moOde with upmpdcli's proxy to access Qobuz tracks, you can use an app such as BubbleUPnP (on Android) which is a UPnP control point/player which can act as a Qobuz (or Tidal) proxy and which can direct the output to the moOde UPnP renderer, or you can just use one of the Qobuz apps.

Regards,
Kent
@gizze

Found it. Back in March, another poster saw the same error message (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...40#pid8440)

He and I went through several iterations of possible problems, none of which turned out to apply to his case. Then he changed the password to his Tidal account and reentered the credentials in the UPnP Config page and apparently all was good.

You might look through that thread and see if anything applies to your case.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks, I had a look through. 

I have reset my Tidal password with Tidal and in Moode. Still no joy. 

I don't have any Android devices. 

Is BubbleUPnP doing something different to Mconnect then? Which is what I am using. 

Tidal and Qobuz play on everything else, including Volumio, but just not having any joy at all with Moode. 

The Qobuz app allows me to send to all the UPnP devices, but again, it times out after 10009 milliseconds. 

Not sure what else I can try really. I only use Tidal or Qobuz, no locally stored files.
Hello,
Did you guys ever find a resolution for this?
I am new to the whole Pi streaming thingy, but not new to audio or computers. Here are my specs:

Pi4B running MoOde 6.5.2 w/ 7" touchscreen interface
Allo DigiOne HAT
Schiit Modi3 DAC
Tube-rolled Dark Voice 335se
LPS (DAC and P4B/MoOde)
RPi/MoOde on wired network (FiOS).
UnPnP via mConnect and Kazoo (iPhone access)

When I use Kazoo, I get the error "Service Login or Communication Failure". I would prefer to use Kazoo as mConnect (free version for now) is nice, but is inconsistent in playing music (Tidal) forcing me to stop/fwd/back/reselect in the off chance I can get it to play. This is my second week of ownership since I built the streamer. It worked for the first three or four days. No changes or updates were made during that time. However, the DigiOne was added later.

Some of the things I've done to rectify the issue were resetting my credentials (changed password) for my Tidal account. I've reset the network, and the device several times, upgraded the router firmware, reviewed firewall settings, and tested access to Tidal with a Raspbian image (was successful in getting to Tidal).

The last resort, other than your assistance in diagnosing the problem) is to rebuild MoDde from scratch. I would prefer not to do that I've got everything else just the way I like it! You guys have an outstanding product! As it has been expressed by many of your supporters, having a Tidal interface (and Qobuz) would be helpful. I know this may have been intended to be headless, however, I built this so I wouldn't have to use my phone/tablet (dedicated headphone rig - I have 2 Oppos for streaming to my main home audio systems).

Thanks in advance for you help,

Be safe,
Marc