Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: wpa_suplicant not started automatically
There is not generally an issue with wpa_supplicant. A more appropriate title for this thread would have been "I can't get moOde to come up in WiFi client mode". In any case, you really should have started a new thread of your own.

I expect you aren't entering a key but a passphrase (aka password) which is converted into a pre-shared key (PSK) after it is entered. Once you've entered the passphrase, and saved the settings, the computed PSK will be revealed when you click on the eye icon.

moOde's WiFi configuration panel has worked fine for me in all my test cases. Tim did recently fix a bug which bit when MS/Windows line-ends occur in the moodecfg.txt, but that was unrelated to the configuration panel.

Caveat: I live in the USA and use only ASCII characters in my passphrase.

The IEEE spec for WPA2 says

Quote:Each character in the passphrase must have an encoding in the range of 32 to 126 (decimal), inclusive. (IEEE Std. 802.11i-2004, Annex H.4.1)

Does your passphrase by any chance contain non-ASCII characters, perhaps with diacritics such as umlaut, acute, grave, circumflex, diaresis, tilde, cedilla? I ask because some routers ignore the IEEE requirement but some software does not, and diacritics occur frequently in a number of Latin-script alphabets. I have no way of testing this since my AP strictly conforms to the spec.

If your passphrase is strictly ASCII and between 8 and 63 characters long then we have more digging to do to figure out why you player isn't associating with your AP.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: wpa_suplicant not started automatically - by TheOldPresbyope - 02-15-2020, 09:33 PM