Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Popping sound during playback
(02-12-2020, 07:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's accessing the same underlying information as aplay. In the two examples below what logic can be used to parse for the correct name?

Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ alsacap
*** Scanning for playback devices ***
Card 0, ID `Katana', name `Allo Katana'
 Device 0, ID `bcm2835-i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec.1-0030-0', name `bcm2835-i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec.1-0030-0', 1 subdevices (1 available)

pi@rp6:~ $ alsacap
*** Scanning for playback devices ***
Card 0, ID `sndrpihifiberry', name `snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplusadc'
 Device 0, ID `HiFiBerry DAC+ADC HiFi multicodec-0', name `HiFiBerry DAC+ADC HiFi multicodec-0', 1 subdevices (1 available)

Could it be related to the pops in dsd reproduction?
I don't like to make comparison between things but, on the same machine and equipment i run also volumio and it does recognize the usb dac and have NO pops/glitches playing DSD... 
I hope this might help
(02-14-2020, 09:09 AM)manolomalele Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 01:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not able to repro "I cannot see displayed the infos about the file type and bitrate: e.g. DSD 64 1bit." My test DSF file is DSD64 format that's decoded to DoP and played on a Katana DAC.

Post the output from the command below while your file is playing and I'll have a look.

Code:
cat /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params

I used to maintain a table of USB Audio device names but it became too time consuming to update because there are just too many of them and new ones are frequently being released so I reverted to just "USB Audio device". I suppose I could try to parse the name from the output of aplay -l command but IIRC the name is often not a well formed product name and in a fixed location in the output. See examples below for a couple of I2S DAC's.

Code:
card 0: Katana [Allo Katana], device 0: bcm2835-i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec.1-0030-0 [bcm2835-i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec.1-0030-0]

card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplusadc], device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ADC HiFi multicodec-0 [HiFiBerry DAC+ADC HiFi multicodec-0]

Code:
Audio Information
INPUT / OUTPUT
Source:     USB/saitama/DSD/Jacintha - Autumn Leaves The Songs of Johnny Mercer/10 - Jacintha - Moon River.dsf
Encoded at:     DSD64, 1 bit, 5.644 Mbps Stereo
Decoded to:     DoP 24 bit 176.4 kHz, Stereo, 8.467 Mbps
Destination:     Local
Output rate:     32 bit, 176.4 kHz, Stereo, 11.290 Mbps
DSP OPERATIONS
Volume ctl:     Software (MPD 32-bit float with dither)
Resampling:     off
Polarity inv:     off
Crossfade:     off
Crossfeed:     off
Parametric EQ:     off
Graphic EQ:     off
Replaygain:     off
Normalize vol:     off
Chip options:     None
AUDIO DEVICE
Device:     USB audio device
Chip:     
Interface:     USB
Formats:     Unable to determine formats
Platform:     Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3
Hi Tim. 
This is what I've got.

1) playing a DSD

pi@moode:~ $ cat /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 176400 (176400/1)
period_size: 22050
buffer_size: 88200

2) Playing a flac

pi@moode:~ $ cat /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 5513
buffer_size: 22050

As you can see there'n no bitrate/freq shown

below the aplay -l

pi@moode:~ $ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
  Subdevices: 7/7
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
  Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
  Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
  Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
  Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
  Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 2: bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1 [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI1]
  Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: D50 [D50], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 0/1

Last question:
Do you know how to show on the display the filetype aswell?

Thanks

moOde just displays DSD in the main UI. I can look into adding something like "DSD64".

As far as the LCD goes, contact the maintainer of the display software.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
After looking at the code, DSD sample rates are kind of messed up. It's a trivial fix and at same time I can add the rate to the main UI.
Enjoy the Music!
Here's the fix.

Enjoy the Music!
I have a Topping D50s USB dac connected to a PI3+. While playing from USB SSD it pops and clicks quite often (few times a second) wit 32bit/384Khz. The same setup with lowered MPD Sample Rate to 16bit/44.1 pops seems to vanish.
few more observation:

song 16/44.1 FLAC with sox resample setting 24/96 will result in none (maybe very few) pops/clicks.
song 24/192 FLAC with sox resample setting 24/96 will result in many pops/clicks.
song 24/192 FLAC with sox resample setting 24/192 will result in very rare (3-4 clicks over a minute) pops/clicks.
In my case resampling was on because I had a I2S Allo with reclocker which will not work without resampling. With resampling Disabled most of clicks and pops dissapeard. However even with disabled resampling a few pops/clicks will randomly appear.

Hope will help someone who has same issuse and maybe for further debug.
Not much information about your configuration. You should post details about your hardware and also a System info dump.

Code:
sudo /var/www/command/sysinfo.sh
Enjoy the Music!
(02-18-2020, 07:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Not much information about your configuration. You should post details about your hardware and also a System info dump.

Code:
sudo /var/www/command/sysinfo.sh

I have splitted the config into two posts. could not attach txt file and length too long. 

One more thing to notice is that I wanted to make sure there is no hardware problem and installed volumio. With same exact hardware (except sd card) it runs cristal clear without any pops and clicks.
Code:
$ sudo /var/www/command/sysinfo.sh

S Y S T E M   P A R A M E T E R S                                                                                                                                                                                  

moOde release           = 6.4.2 2020-02-12                                                                                                                                                                        
Raspbian OS             = 10.2                                                                                                                                                                                    
Linux kernel            = 4.19.97-v8+ #1293                                                                                                                                                                        
Platform                = Pi-3B 1GB v1.2                                                                                                                                                                          
Architecture            = aarch64 (64-bit)                                                                                                                                                                        
System uptime           = up 1 minute                                                                                                                                                                              
Timezone                = Europe/Bucharest                                                                                                                                                                        
Current time            = 2020-02-19 08:07:54                                                                                                                                                                      

Host name               = nap001                                                                                                                                                                                  
Ethernet address        = unassigned                                                                                                                                                                              
Ethernet MAC            = b8:27:eb:ff:3b:26                                                                                                                                                                        
WLAN address            = 10.10.10.10                                                                                                                                                                              
WLAN MAC                = b8:27:eb:aa:6e:73                                                                                                                                                                        
WLAN country            = RO                                                                                                                                                                                      

SoC identifier          = bcm2837                                                                                                                                                                                  
Core count              = 4                                                                                                                                                                                        
Kernel timer freq       = 250 Hz                                                                                                                                                                                  
SDCard freq             = 50 MHz                                                                                                                                                                                  
USB boot                = not enabled                                                                                                                                                                              
Warranty                = OK                                                                                                                                                                                      

Root size               = 15G                                                                                                                                                                                      
Root used               = 19%                                                                                                                                                                                      
Root available          = 12G                                                                                                                                                                                      
Root expand             = expanded                                                                                                                                                                                
Memory free             = 572 MB                                                                                                                                                                                  
Memory used             = 111 MB                                                                                                                                                                                  
SoC temperature         = 37.0°C                                                                                                                                                                                  

CPU governor            = ondemand                                                                                                                                                                                
Onboard WiFi            = On                                                                                                                                                                                      
Onboard BT              = On                                                                                                                                                                                      
HDMI output             = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Eth addr wait           = On                                                                                                                                                                                      
Max USB current         = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
USB (UAC2) fix          = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Pi-3B+ eth fix          = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
SSH term server         = On                                                                                                                                                                                      

PHP-FPM version         = 7.3.11                                                                                                                                                                                  
NGINX version           = 1.14.2                                                                                                                                                                                  
SQLite3 version         = 3.27.2                                                                                                                                                                                  
Hostapd version         = 2.8-devel                                                                                                                                                                                
WiringPi version        = 2.50                                                                                                                                                                                    
RPi.GPIO version        = 0.7.0                                                                                                                                                                                    

A U D I O   P A R A M E T E R S                                                                                                                                                                                    

Audio device            = USB audio device                                                                                                                                                                        
Interface               = USB                                                                                                                                                                                      
Mixer name              = D50s                                                                                                                                                                                    
Hardware volume         = Controller detected                                                                                                                                                                      
Max ALSA volume         = 100                                                                                                                                                                                      
Audio source            = Local                                                                                                                                                                                    
Output device           = Local                                                                                                                                                                                    
Resume MPD              = No                                                                                                                                                                                      
Volume knob             = 100                                                                                                                                                                                      
Volume mute             = Unmuted                                                                                                                                                                                  
Saved MPD vol           = 0                                                                                                                                                                                        
Preamp volume           = 0                                                                                                                                                                                        
ALSA version            = 1.1.8-1+rpt1                                                                                                                                                                            
SoX version             = 0.1.2-3                                                                                                                                                                                  

Bluetooth controller    = On                                                                                                                                                                                      
Pairing agent           = On                                                                                                                                                                                      
Airplay receiver        = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Spotify receiver        = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Squeezelite             = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
UPnP client             = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
DLNA server             = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
GPIO button handler     = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
UPnP browser            = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      

Auto-shuffle            = On                                                                                                                                                                                      
Autoplay                = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Rotary encoder          = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Encoder params          = 100 2 3 23 24                                                                                                                                                                            
Polarity inversion      = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Crossfeed               = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Crossfade               = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Parametric EQ           = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Graphic EQ              = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
MPD httpd               = Off          
Code:
A P P E A R A N C E   S E T T I N G S                                                                                                                                                                              

Theme                   = Green Tea                                                                                                                                                                                
Accent color            = Emerald                                                                                                                                                                                  
Alpha blend             = 0.60                                                                                                                                                                                    
Adaptive background     = No                                                                                                                                                                                      
Background image        = No                                                                                                                                                                                      
Cover backdrop          = Yes                                                                                                                                                                                      
Cover blur              = 5px                                                                                                                                                                                      
Cover scale             = 1.25                                                                                                                                                                                    
CoverView auto-display  = Never                                                                                                                                                                                    
CoverView style         = Animated                                                                                                                                                                                
Auto-shuffle filter     = None                                                                                                                                                                                    
Extra metadata          = Yes                                                                                                                                                                                      
Playback history        = No                                                                                                                                                                                      

L I B R A R Y   S E T T I N G S                                                                                                                                                                                    

Instant play action     = Clear/Play                                                                                                                                                                              
Show genres column      = Yes                                                                                                                                                                                      
Album grouping          = by Artist                                                                                                                                                                                
Compilation identifier  = Various Artists                                                                                                                                                                          
Recently added          = 1 Month                                                                                                                                                                                  
Ignore articles         = a,an,the                                                                                                                                                                                
UTF8 character filter   = No                                                                                                                                                                                      
Hi-res thumbs           = 200px                                                                                                                                                                                    
Cover search pri        = Cover image file                                                                                                                                                                        
Pixel ratio             = 1                                                                                                                                                                                        

M P D   S E T T I N G S                                                                                                                                                                                            

Version                 = 0.21.16                                                                                                                                                                                  
Volume control          = hardware                                                                                                                                                                                
ALSA device             = hw:1                                                                                                                                                                                    
SoX resampling          = disabled                                                                                                                                                                                
SoX quality             = very high                                                                                                                                                                                
SoX multithreading      = on                                                                                                                                                                                      
DSD over PCM (DoP)      = yes                                                                                                                                                                                      
Replaygain              = off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Replaygain preamp       = 0                                                                                                                                                                                        
Volume normalization    = No                                                                                                                                                                                      
Audio buffer            = 4096 (kb)                                                                                                                                                                                
Output buffer size      = 131072 (kb)                                                                                                                                                                              

B L U E T O O T H   S E T T I N G S                                                                                                                                                                                

Bluetooth ver           = 5.50                                                                                                                                                                                    
Bluealsa ver            = 2.0.0                                                                                                                                                                                    
Speaker sharing         = No                                                                                                                                                                                      
PCM buffer time         = 500000 (μs)                                                                                                                                                                              

A I R P L A Y   S E T T I N G S                                                                                                                                                                                    

Version                 = 3.3.5                                                                                                                                                                                    
Friendly name           = Moode Airplay                                                                                                                                                                            
ALSA device             = hw:1                                                                                                                                                                                    
Interpolation           = soxr                                                                                                                                                                                    
Output bit depth        = S16                                                                                                                                                                                      
Output sample rate      = 44100                                                                                                                                                                                    
Session interruption    = no                                                                                                                                                                                      
Session timeout         = 120 (ms)                                                                                                                                                                                
Latency offset          = 0.0 (secs)                                                                                                                                                                              
Audio buffer            = 0.2 (secs)                                                                                                                                                                              

S P O T I F Y   S E T T I N G S                                                                                                                                                                                    

Friendly name           = Moode Spotify                                                                                                                                                                            
ALSA device             = plughw:1                                                                                                                                                                                
Bit rate                = 160                                                                                                                                                                                      
Initial volume          = 0                                                                                                                                                                                        
Volume curve            = Logarithmic                                                                                                                                                                              
Volume normalization    = No                                                                                                                                                                                      
Normalization pregain   = 0                                                                                                                                                                                        

S Q U E E Z E L I T E   S E T T I N G S                                                                                                                                                                            

Version                 = 1.8.7-1052 "DSD/SRC enabled"                                                                                                                                                            
Friendly name           = Moode                                                                                                                                                                                    
ALSA device             = hw:0                                                                                                                                                                                    
ALSA params             = 80:4::1                                                                                                                                                                                  
Output buffers          = 40000:100000                                                                                                                                                                            
Task priority           = 45                                                                                                                                                                                      
Codec list              = flac,pcm,mp3,ogg,aac,alac,dsd                                                                                                                                                            
Other options           = -W -D 500 -R E -S /var/local                                                                                                                                                            

L O C A L   D I S P L A Y   S E T T I N G S                                                                                                                                                                        

Local UI display        = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Mouse cursor            = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Screen blank            = 600 Secs                                                                                                                                                                                
Wake display on play    = Off                                                                                                                                                                                      
Brightness              = 255                                                                                                                                                                                      
Pixel aspect ratio      = Default                                                                                                                                                                                  
Rotate screen           = 0 Deg                                                                                                                                                                                    

M O O D E   S T A R T U P   L O G                                                                                                                                                                                  

20200218 203609 worker: -- Start                                                                                                                                                                                  
20200218 203610 worker: Successfully daemonized                                                                                                                                                                    
20200218 203610 worker: Integrity check (passed)                                                                                                                                                                  
20200218 203610 worker: Session loaded                                                                                                                                                                            
20200218 203610 worker: Debug logging (off)                                                                                                                                                                        
20200218 203610 worker: Device raw: (0:ALSA|1:D50s|i2s:none)                                                                                                                                                      
20200218 203610 worker: Device cfg: (USB audio device|1|1|D50s |0)                                                                                                                                                
20200218 203610 worker: ALSA volume set to (0%)                                                                                                                                                                    
20200218 203610 worker: -- System                                                                                                                                                                                  
20200218 203612 worker: Host name     (nap001)                                                                                                                                                                    
20200218 203612 worker: moOde release (6.4.2 2020-02-12)                                                                                                                                                          
20200218 203612 worker: Raspbian OS   (10.2)                                                                                                                                                                      
20200218 203612 worker: Linux kernel  (4.19.97-v8+ #1293)                                                                                                                                                          
20200218 203612 worker: Platform      (Pi-3B 1GB v1.2)                                                                                                                                                            
20200218 203612 worker: Architecture  (aarch64)                                                                                                                                                                    
20200218 203612 worker: MPD version   (0.21.16)                                                                                                                                                                    
20200218 203612 worker: CPU governor  (ondemand)                                                                                                                                                                  
20200218 203612 worker: USB boot not enabled yet                                                                                                                                                                  
20200218 203612 worker: File system expanded                                                                                                                                                                      
20200218 203613 worker: HDMI port off                                                                                                                                                                              
20200218 203613 worker: File check (OK)                                                                                                                                                                            
20200218 203613 worker: -- Network                                                                                                                                                                                
20200218 203613 worker: eth0 exists                                                                                                                                                                                
20200218 203613 worker: eth0 wait 0 for IP address                                                                                                                                                                
20200218 203616 worker: eth0 wait 1 for IP address                                                                                                                                                                
20200218 203619 worker: eth0 wait 2 for IP address                                                                                                                                                                
20200218 203623 worker: eth0 wait 3 for IP address                                                                                                                                                                
20200218 203626 worker: eth0 wait 4 for IP address                                                                                                                                                                
20200218 203629 worker: eth0 address not assigned                                                                                                                                                                  
20200218 203629 worker: wlan0 exists                                                                                                                                                                              
20200218 203629 worker: wifi country (RO)                                                                                                                                                                          
20200218 203629 worker: wlan0 trying SSID (CCRMM)                                                                                                                                                                  
20200219 080727 worker: IP addr (10.10.10.10)                                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080727 worker: Netmask (255.255.255.0)                                                                                                                                                                    
20200219 080727 worker: Gateway (10.10.10.1)                                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080727 worker: Pri DNS (10.10.10.1)                                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080727 worker: Domain  (None)                                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080728 worker: -- Audio                                                                                                                                                                                  
20200219 080729 worker: ALSA outputs unmuted                                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080729 worker: ALSA card number (1)                                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080729 worker: Audio output (USB audio device)                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080729 worker: Audio formats (S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE)                                                                                                                                                
20200219 080729 worker: ALSA mixer name (D50s )                                                                                                                                                                    
20200219 080729 worker: MPD volume control (hardware)                                                                                                                                                              
20200219 080729 worker: Hdwr volume controller exists                                                                                                                                                              
20200219 080729 worker: Max ALSA volume (100%)                                                                                                                                                                    
20200219 080729 worker: -- Services                                                                                                                                                                                
20200219 080729 worker: Reset renderer active state                                                                                                                                                                
20200219 080731 worker: MPD conf updated                                                                                                                                                                          
20200219 080731 worker: MPD started                                                                                                                                                                                
20200219 080731 worker: MPD accepting connections                                                                                                                                                                  
20200219 080731 worker: Configure MPD outputs                                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080733 worker: MPD output 1 ALSA default (on)                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080733 worker: MPD output 2 ALSA crossfeed (off)                                                                                                                                                          
20200219 080733 worker: MPD output 3 ALSA parametric eq (off)                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080733 worker: MPD output 4 ALSA graphic eq (off)                                                                                                                                                        
20200219 080733 worker: MPD output 5 ALSA polarity inversion (off)                                                                                                                                                
20200219 080733 worker: MPD output 6 ALSA bluetooth (off)                                                                                                                                                          
20200219 080733 worker: MPD output 7 HTTP stream (off)                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080733 worker: MPD crossfade (off)                                                                                                                                                                        
20200219 080733 worker: Audio source (Local)                                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080733 worker: Output device (Local)                                                                                                                                                                      
20200219 080733 worker: Bluetooth controller started                                                                                                                                                              
20200219 080738 worker: Bluetooth controller initialized                                                                                                                                                          
20200219 080738 worker: Bluetooth pairing agent started                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080739 worker: Shellinabox SSH started                                                                                                                                                                    
20200219 080739 worker: USB auto-mounter (udisks-glue)                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080739 worker: -- Music sources                                                                                                                                                                          
20200219 080739 worker: USB source (Volumio_Ext)                                                                                                                                                                  
20200219 080739 worker: USB source (Volumio_Ext_)                                                                                                                                                                  
20200219 080739 worker: NAS and UPnP sources (none configured)                                                                                                                                                    
20200219 080739 worker: -- Miscellaneous                                                                                                                                                                          
20200219 080739 worker: Saved MPD vol level (0)                                                                                                                                                                    
20200219 080739 worker: Preamp volume level (0)                                                                                                                                                                    
20200219 080739 worker: MPD volume level (100) restored                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080739 worker: ALSA volume level (100%)                                                                                                                                                                  
20200219 080739 worker: Auto-play (Off)                                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080739 worker: Auto-shuffle service (On)                                                                                                                                                                  
20200219 080739 worker: Maintenance interval (3 hrs)                                                                                                                                                              
20200219 080739 worker: Screen saver activation (Never)                                                                                                                                                            
20200219 080739 worker: Session permissions (OK)                                                                                                                                                                  
20200219 080739 worker: Watchdog started                                                                                                                                                                          
20200219 080739 worker: Ready          

If there is anything else You need me to try let me know.