Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[How To] CD playback
Kent,

it works, you must go to the player then you see the cd.
not in the library, is there a way to add this in the Library and see the album?

thanks
(01-12-2021, 09:52 AM)Jempie Wrote: Kent,

not in the library, is there a way to add this in the Library and see the album?

thanks

This is meant to be a transitory feature---insert CD, play it, remove it.

Anything fancier and one might as well rip the CD and be done with it.

Regards,
Kent
(01-12-2021, 12:51 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 09:52 AM)Jempie Wrote: Kent,

thanks

This is meant to be a transitory feature---insert CD, play it, remove it.

Anything fancier and one might as well rip the CD and be done with it.

Regards,
Kent

Kent,

https://github.com/TheMetalHead/moOde-CD-Rip-and-Play

regards,
Jem
There are no plans to integrate CD playback or ripping in moOde because there are already super nice, well supported CD ripping utilities for all the major OS platforms.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
With version 8.1.2, (maybe also some older versions, I haven't tried all versions), I have this message:

sh ./install.sh
Install V0 moOdeCDPlay files in moOde.

I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
In case you didn't notice, this doesn't look like a moOde installation.

Any idea ?
musical regards

y.
@yannig

Looking at the moOde github repo, I see Tim did a major refactoring of his code back in May. Specifically git commit d6872e013c05ca1f188198fcaec6fe3ae5bea36e eliminated the file my install.sh script looks for as the signature of a moOde installation.

Obviously I haven't exercised this code in quite a while (last commit was 17 months ago). I'll have to see what else, if anything, needs to be updated besides install.sh.

Regards,
Kent

PS - I moved into new digs last fall. As part of the downsizing effort, I finished ripping all my CDs and donated them to a local charity. That pretty much ended my interest in a CD playback capability.
Hello Yannig and hello Kent.
I have tried the script without the initial "if" and it seems that everithings is working.
Best regards,
Francesco
(07-31-2022, 03:45 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello Yannig and hello Kent.
I have tried the script without the initial "if" and it seems that everithings is working.
Best regards,
Francesco

Agreed. Will edit the script and update the repo for the V0 CDPlay.
(08-01-2022, 02:09 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Best regards,
Francesco

Hello guys

thanks to you !

even if I don't understand the "if [ ! -f /var/www/command/moode.php ]; then" line, the script worked now.

I still have a problem, perhaps a power problem : it does not work well "each time".
I have to try a separate power supply for the cdrom unit, or another model of it.

thanks again !
musical regards

y.
(08-05-2022, 11:09 AM)yannig Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 02:09 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Best regards,
Francesco

Hello guys

thanks to you !

even if I don't understand the "if [ ! -f /var/www/command/moode.php ]; then" line, the script worked now.

I still have a problem, perhaps a power problem : it does not work well "each time".
I have to try a separate power supply for the cdrom unit, or another model of it.

thanks again !

Hello yannig,
The power supply idea is very good.
Let us know 
Best regards and thanks 
Francesco