Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Swapped in Allo Boss 1.4 and now MoOde 3.8 hangs
- MoOde 4 it will be, once I get a new 3B+.

- 5GHz = Might be workable. The tablet I use (LG V410) has 802.11n 5GHz support. I hope that's compatible with the 3B+ onboard 802.11ac.

- Anker Power Bank = Great idea! I like it.

Thanks again Tim.
Allo support got back to me. They asked me to try powering the Boss DAC and RPi separately.  I got the necessary adapters in the mail and hooked it all up (last night). At first I thought the problem was fixed. But alas, it was not to be. I played one album's worth of tunes and when the music stopped, the MoOde AP disappeared from my tablet. I couldn't re-establish the WiFi connection, so had no control over MoOde and the RPi.

I rebooted the RPi and my tablet. No dice. The Moode AP would appear, I'd connect, it would then disappear. I did this a few times and it looks like that's how things are going to be. So yes, this suggests an RFI problem, or maybe the onboard WiFi chip is overheating?

I think I'll migrate this Boss DAC rev1.4 to to new RPi 3B+ next Monday or Tuesday (there's a good computer shop not too far from where I work). This older setup can stay as-is.

PS - The Boss DAC board rev1.4 worked long enough for me to find out that it sounds pretty darn incredible with separate power supplies. That plus MoOde makes a killer digital player. Best I've heard, I think.
(06-02-2018, 01:38 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:  I use an Anker LiON battery to feed 5V to Pi and 5V to a Piano 2.1 DAC. The battery is continuously charged from mains. Works really well. :-)

-Tim

Hey Tim, I'm hoping you see this. 

I haven't had time to get the new RPi3 B+ w/ MoOde 4.2 and Allo Boss 1.2 running yet. Planning a visit to the local Micro Center to pick up odds and ends for the project, including the Anker LION battery you suggested. Which version do you use/recommend? Is the Anker PowerCore 20,000mA/hr version[url=https://www.bestbuy.com/site/anker-powercore-20000-mah-portable-charger-for-most-usb-enabled-devices-black/5948567.p?skuId=5948567][/url] up to the task?

Thanks.
Hi,

Mine is an older model which may not be available anymore.
https://www.anker.com/ca/products/varian...9AN7906-BA

Batteries require careful research before buying to make sure they supply the required voltage and amperage, don't automatically turn off when there is no draw on the power ports, and supply power to the ports while being charged.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub