Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Polarity Flip
Discovered another reason a balance control would be helpful..... Allo kali and piano dac in dual mono has channel imbalance....seems to be a common complaint with this combination.

Any progress with polarity flip ? balance ?
----------
bob
Still hoping for polarity flip! I hear every day what is incorrect polarity.
And balance! I have been scheming about how to do this with my DIY buffer for months!
No way my room will get balanced!
MG
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
Balance can be set using alsamixer via ssh.....there are keyboard controls for increasing/decreasing each channel and iirc it can be made to stick over reboots.

Still, it would be nice to have this exposed in the MoOde interface....
----------
bob
(01-17-2019, 11:44 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Discovered another reason a balance control would be helpful..... Allo kali and piano dac in dual mono has channel imbalance....seems to be a common complaint with this combination.

I seem to remember that this could be corrected by a reboot?
(06-01-2018, 09:03 PM)azimuth Wrote: I am hoping this is a pretty easy one. There is already DSP for EQ, Crossfeed, and such.

Just wanting a polarity flip. Just a simple request, but it would also be nice just to flip L and R independently.

Not sure if Sox or some other add-in has something that can do this.

Hi Azimuth,

I assume that you mean to reverse the polarity on the right or the left channel.
To get this done, I am using Goldwave as a sound editor to reach this.

This is to reverse one channel in American Recordings.

Cor van Zundert.
Hi,

I've been successful at getting an ALSA polarity inversion working for MPD output but I'm not able to hear any difference in SQ and so I'm not sure how to confirm that the sound waves on each channel have actually been +/- inverted.

How does one verify polarity inversion?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Perhaps this for cheap and easy in the absence of test gear...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...cker&hl=en
----------
bob
It just dawned on me that inverting the polarity of only one of the channels should produce a dramatic reduction in sound output and in fact it does. This confirms the ALSA code is working :-)

To be clear, the ALSA code is multiplying the signal on each channel by -1 which results in the waveform on each channel being flipped upside down. This is not phase shift where the waveforms are moved forward or back in time by a certain amount.

I'll plan to add the setting to the MPD section of Audio Config for moOde 5 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Wonderful news!
Thanks!
It is not always apparent on all material, but when it is - it is obvious.
ProtoDAC, Rpi4, TD146, Mayware, Ortophon Blue, Schitt M1, Pass B1,Ayima, Luxman, MarkAudio OB
Is the polarity flip applicable on a track by track basis or is it a global setting ?
----------
bob