Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Need help with using Mouse scroll as volume +/- or media keys
I've got an old mouse scroll wheel mounted in an enclosure from a project years ago. I enabled USB audio and then added the following to triggerhappy to control the volume and it sort-of works. I believe this may be due to the output of the encoder or triggerhappy missing events.

REL_WHEEL       -1 /var/www/vol.sh -dn 1
REL_WHEEL        1 /var/www/vol.sh -up 1

If I very slowly scroll I can usually increase/decrease the volume by 1. If I go too fast the volume will go to 0 and start over. At this point I'm not sure if this is an interrupt issue with triggerhappy.

Not sure if it's worth pursuing. I have other methods to tray to control the volume.

Ideally, I'd like to use my Max Falcon-8 that is a mini keyboard of just media keys.

https://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-falcon-8...mbled.html

If I go that route is there documentation on how to use media key events (play/pause, next track, etc) to control the Moode?
(04-25-2020, 05:20 PM)justgeorge Wrote: I've got an old mouse scroll wheel mounted in an enclosure from a project years ago. I enabled USB audio and then added the following to triggerhappy to control the volume and it sort-of works. I believe this may be due to the output of the encoder or triggerhappy missing events.

REL_WHEEL       -1 /var/www/vol.sh -dn 1
REL_WHEEL        1 /var/www/vol.sh -up 1

If I very slowly scroll I can usually increase/decrease the volume by 1. If I go too fast the volume will go to 0 and start over. At this point I'm not sure if this is an interrupt issue with triggerhappy.

I saw the same jumpy behavior a while ago with a DROK USB volume control. At the time, I thought it might be the DROK, but perhaps it's related to triggerhappy after all.

Regards,
Kent