Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: move item position in config.
It is currently possible to activate the Local UI display but not obtain any image because the HDMI port has been turned off...(Don't ask..it is a long story.. Blush  )

Suggestion to move the HDMI port set selection to within the Local Display section as the first option above 'Local UI display' 'set'.

It seems logical to group that setting within the Local Display area rather than currently in System Modifications.
----------
bob
(02-27-2020, 03:48 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: It is currently possible to activate the Local UI display but not obtain any image because the HDMI port has been turned off...(Don't ask..it is a long story.. Blush  )

Suggestion to move the HDMI port set selection to within the Local Display section as the first option above 'Local UI display' 'set'.

It seems logical to group that setting within the Local Display area rather than currently in System Modifications.

Or, if off, flag it or even turn it on when Local UI is turned on. 

I would argue it belongs where it is because it's one of the group of boot time-/power-saving measures.

Regards,
Kent
I have a Pi 7" Touch and Local UI works fine with HDMI port OFF.

Display's like the Pi Touch connect via the Display Serial Interface (DSI).
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-27-2020, 04:30 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I have a Pi 7" Touch and Local UI works fine with HDMI port OFF.

That too. I had HDMI on the brain ‘cuz right now I’ve been playing with a little HDMI display. Opposite usage from @DRONE7, though. I need HDMI on and local display off for my framebuffer approach to work.

Regards,
Kent
(02-27-2020, 04:30 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I have a Pi 7" Touch and Local UI works fine with HDMI port OFF.

No, not the Pi 7" Touch  or Display Serial Interface (DSI). They work fine ootb. Smile

This is for attached HDMI monitors/TV's ....
Several posters, previously using stock Raspbian , expect an output to HDMI and are unfamiliar with headless.... Wink

@TheOldPresbyope
Quote:Or, if off, flag it or even turn it on when Local UI is turned on.

Yes, that was my first thought though to cover all bases someone might activate via rpi video out Big Grin

Quote:I would argue it belongs where it is because it's one of the group of boot time-/power-saving measures.

Secondary, of course, to having display output as expected by newcomers from other ventures... Big Grin
----------
bob
In stock moOde the HDMI port is by default ON. User has to deliberately turn it OFF.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub