Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Alexa integration
Big Grin 
https://www.maketecheasier.com/build-ama...pberry-pi/

I will try by myself to integrate it, but do you think can we wonder to have it in the official distribution?
In this case I have some features in my mind for example:
have different input output to talk to Alexa and to hear music, for example use an external USB Mic/Speaker to speak to or hear from Alexa, but use the external amplifier board to reproduce music and so on...
What do you think?
Do you have a link to the License for the Alexa software?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-04-2018, 12:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Do you have a link to the License for the Alexa software?

HaHaHa

There's a license for the software ("Program Materials")

https://developer.amazon.com/support/legal/pml

and an agreement for the developer who uses it

https://developer.amazon.com/support/leg...agreements

Enjoy!
lol, does it come with a Lawyer to explain it?
Enjoy the Music!
(06-04-2018, 12:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Do you have a link to the License for the Alexa software?

I got your point.... Without a legal suggestion it can be very risky to integrate it, isn't it?
Anyway if you don't distribute and give only the instruction to integrate it (with your usual recipe), there should be no risk...
Right if its just instructions then it should be ok providing it does not violate some part of the License.
Enjoy the Music!
I resume this thread because I received as a Xmas gift an Alexa device ("Echo Dot"), and I'd like to know if there's any chance to drive Moode from it. I have a HD TIDAL subscription and actually I drive it from my mobile phone using the MConnectLite app. I ask myself if there would be the possibility to have the same result using vocal instruction from Echo Dot device (something similar to "Alexa, please play Wish You Were Here on TIDAL" !). Or, in alternative, drive directly the TIDAL app from Alexa, and send the audio to Moode via BT (but I suppose to have a degraded audio quality passing through BT).

Any ideas?
Thanks and Happy New Year to all forum members (this is my first post of 2020 of course...)
Andrea
(01-22-2020, 04:21 PM)mancio61 Wrote: I resume this thread because I received as a Xmas gift an Alexa device ("Echo Dot"), and I'd like to know if there's any chance to drive Moode from it.  I have a HD TIDAL subscription and actually I drive it from my mobile phone using the MConnectLite app. I ask myself if there would be the possibility to have the same result using vocal instruction from Echo Dot device (something similar to "Alexa, please play Wish You Were Here on TIDAL" !).  Or, in alternative, drive directly the TIDAL app from Alexa, and send the audio to Moode via BT (but I suppose to have a degraded audio quality passing through BT).

Any ideas?
Thanks and Happy New Year to all forum members (this is my first post of 2020 of course...)
Andrea

I gave up trying to drive moOde from my first generation Amazon Echo. There's a technical issue which I never resolved despite many debugging sessions and subsequent firmware updates from Amazon.

For my grandkids' sake, I'd love to get my hands on a third-generation Echo Dot to see if it's possible now. There's not enough documentation available from Amazon to tell whether its later release number means anything in this context.

Regards,
Kent