Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Ripping CDs one or several file ?
(09-13-2020, 03:48 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @richo

Could you please either post it here or PM it to me so I can have a look?

Kent, see the cue sheet in question. It would be great if you can share your observations.

Attached Files
.zip   Andreas Vollenweider - Book Of Roses.zip (Size: 850 bytes / Downloads: 2)
@richo

Thanks.

At this point I'm flummoxed. 

The cue file you provided is essentially identical in structure and field names to mine. Nevertheless, I cannot reproduce for my ripped CD the view you present in your post #4

Just to be sure there wasn't some subtle difference between abcde and Exact Audio Copy (which is what generated your cue file) I went to the trouble of ripping my CD again, this time with EAC v1.5 on a Windows 10 system. Didn't matter; the difference in views persists.

I notice that, in the process of creating the whole-CD flac file, both rippers stash metadata in it for track 2, which is why the first track listed in your view is "2" and has the same title as the real track 02. Weird. Then your view lists real tracks 01 - 09 (or whatever is the end of the track list) but my view displays no real tracks. Weird again.* 

Also, I notice that your views don't display a proper thumbnail or cover image. This is because your image file is named "front.jpg". For it to be discovered by moOde, it should be named one of "Folder.jpg", "folder.jpg", "Cover.jpg", or "cover.jpg". It could also be a png file or a tiff file, with extensions .png or .tif. (For convenience, moOde also accepts the 4-letter extensions .jpeg and .tiff).

Finally, I notice from the cue file that it was generated by "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb4". That's pretty old. If you're still ripping CDs, you should get the latest, v1.5.

Regards,
Kent

* To be sure, my rip didn't create a .accurip file because I didn't want to root around in the garage to find a so-called Reference CD aka Key Disc with which to calibrate the AccurateRip component included in Exact Audio Copy. I seriously doubt this makes a bit of difference but would you mind posting also the file "Andreas Vollenweider - Book of Roses - flac.accurip" so I can see if it contains the kind of information I think it does? Thanks.
(09-13-2020, 08:35 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: * To be sure, my rip didn't create a .accurip file because I didn't want to root around in the garage to find a so-called Reference CD aka Key Disc with which to calibrate the AccurateRip component included in Exact Audio Copy. I seriously doubt this makes a bit of difference but would you mind posting also the file "Andreas Vollenweider - Book of Roses - flac.accurip" so I can see if it contains the kind of information I think it does? Thanks.

Thanks for the tip and extra info about the jpg files for covers. I am attaching the accurip fle. As you can see this rip was done in 2014 possibly even earlier and that is why the old versions. I also do not remember if I did it or somebody else did it. I have the original CD so I can try it again, but reading Tim's note the cue file processing is not finalized and it all my turn differently.

Attached Files
.zip   Andreas Vollenweider - Book Of Roses - flac.zip (Size: 1.37 KB / Downloads: 1)
@richo

Thanks. As I expected this file contains details of the ripping process. Notionally it wouldn't affect the track listing and as a practical matter I couldn't find any hint in the MPD sources that such a file would be read.

As for reripping, were I you I wouldn't. The presence of the accurip files suggests the rips you have are good ones. At most, I might consider using a tool like CUEtools or foobar2000 to split the files into individual track files. Google is your friend here.

I would, however, fix the coverart file names so the covers and thumbnails will be displayed.

Regards,
Kent
Kent,
thanks for looking into it. I wouldn't split it as that there would be a break between songs. That is the reason why I keep some CD in one flac with cue file.
cover art file is renamed.

Something however happened lately as I was adding another shares mounted over samba from my NAS.
I can not see any music anymore even the album cover regeneration scans the files (i can chekc the progress and see the folder names and see number of albums there) and share is mounted on the Pi.

Update Library nor regenerating library brings any music to the library. I am lost. I know it has nothing to do with this and I may start new thread, but maybe you encounter this?
I even reinstall moode from scratch and tried to add only that one share I had. Nothing...
-r-
(09-14-2020, 12:19 PM)richo Wrote: Kent,
thanks for looking into it. I wouldn't split it as that there would be a break between songs. That is the reason why I keep some CD in one flac with cue file.
cover art file is renamed.

Something however happened lately as I was adding another shares mounted over samba from my NAS.
I can not see any music anymore even the album cover regeneration scans the files (i can chekc the progress and see the folder names and see number of albums there) and share is mounted on the Pi.

Update Library nor regenerating library brings any music to the library. I am lost. I know it has nothing to do with this and I may start new thread, but maybe you encounter this?
I even reinstall moode from scratch and tried to add only that one share I had. Nothing...
-r-

The forum mantra is, or at least ought to be, new issue => new thread so users can easily find threads relevant to their interest. One can always reference other threads using links.

No idea yet what the underlying problem is here. Insufficient information. FYI, I've run moOde players with multiple Samba and NFS shares, and even occasionally a UPnP share, and had no problems.

Regards,
Kent