Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Automatically reconnect before MPD database update
Is there a way to set up moode to automatically try and reconnect to the music source when I press the MPD update button?
I forgot to manually remount my PC after it was shut down and pressed the update button. The database was cleared without any prompt and now I have to wait until it's done scanning my library from scratch, not fun

Also would be nice if the re-gen action required confirmation, it's so close to the update button I'm sure eventually I'll click it by mistake and end up in the same situation.
When u say "I forgot to manually remount my PC after it was shut down" do you mean clicking the RE-MOUNT button in Library Config?

How long do u have to wait for update to complete?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-03-2020, 03:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: When u say "I forgot to manually remount my PC after it was shut down" do you mean clicking the RE-MOUNT button in Library Config?
Yes, either that or enter the source settings and click save

(03-03-2020, 03:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: How long do u have to wait for update to complete?
It started about 10 mins before my post and now at 4500 tracks out of 5000, so about an hour I'd say. My wireless connection sucks tho, it goes much faster via ethernet.
For sure that's super slow.

I can certainly see where automatically doing a re-mount could help and for sure adding confirmation dialogs to the buttons on Library config is probably a good idea.

Added to TODO list
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks!