Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Not starting after reboot
(03-07-2022, 04:50 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: PS - I'm not aware of any FOSS tool which comprehensively validates a music library in all its aspects before subjecting MPD to it. I've thought several times about cobbling a script out of the various different tools I do know but it always felt like I would be building a Frankenstein monster. Anyone have a suggestion?

Sure. I'm not sure about the library per-se but once files are in the library there's no problem, so to check them pre-addition to the library:

For FLAC files use:

https://github.com/chungy/reflac

to recompress all your audio at the best compression rate. Barfs if a file is corrupt.

Some audio players don't like crazy tags, confusing library building so perhaps cleanflactags somewhere - should also highlight corrupt files if the tags can't be read.

cleanflactags:

Code:
find -iname "*.flac" -exec cleantags  {} \;

cleantags:

Code:
echo "$1"
metaflac --show-tag DATE --show-tag TITLE --show-tag GENRE --show-tag ARTIST --show-tag ALBUM --show-tag TRACKNUMBER --show-tag DISCNUMBER "$1" | metaflac --remove-all-tags --import-tags-from=- "$1"

There's also metaflac in test mode.

I think also you should revise upwards how many files moOde supports.  I don't know about how sluggish the moOde interface is with a large number of files as I hardly use it - other than for configuring parametric EQ - preferring to use MALP on my Android phone (the moode UI isn't so hot on small screen devices) but there doesn't seem to be a limit to how many files mpd supports; at least, I'm an order of magnitude higher than you're suggesting without any problems.

I suppose moOde could be tweaked to check the log for what happens when a file is corrupt and mpd scanning gives up to give the user a little assistance in tracking down the affected file(s).