Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Problem to connect my first NAS
Just one thing: How can i change PROBLEM in SOLVED on threads?
You should be able to edit your original post (post #1). There is a dropdown next the the title.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I spoke too early..
This morning could not to play files in NAS (no exist error), after a quick update of library NAS desappeared, seems like lost data for any reason.
I re-mount nas but nothings change, i had to delete and recreate NAS, then it works.

My network configuration: NAS wired to modem router, router to extender via wifi, extender wired to raspberry/moode.

I try to switch off and on router, NAS works, no data lost.
I try to restart NAS and it works, no data lost.

I check power options in NAS but it's ok, no factory programmed shut down or similar.

Any ideas about? Thanks and sorry for my english..
Connect Pi directly to Router.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-23-2020, 01:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Connect Pi directly to Router.

Hi Tim, 
it's really complicated because Pi it's upstairs and there's no phone line to connect it.

I've just tried to turn it off and on the Wifi extender, NAS lost.. Re-mount, update and it works, so the problem starts from extender.
Is it normal that?
It sounds like a network issue that's external to moOde software.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-23-2020, 05:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It sounds like a network issue that's external to moOde software.

Probably, but it's too much for my knowledge about it..
No problem, i left extender on, it's not a problem.

Thanks for support  Smile
(03-23-2020, 07:43 PM)Blixa Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 05:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It sounds like a network issue that's external to moOde software.

Probably, but it's too much for my knowledge about it..
No problem, i left extender on, it's not a problem.

Thanks for support  Smile

I suspect from Tim's responses to other users that he isn't fond of powerline networking, but I've been running a powerline network for years without issue. 

My cable modem/router/AP is inconveniently located in the garage where the Verizon installer could connect it to the fiber-optic cable from the street. I have a Netgear powerline adapter (AC1200, I think) plugged into an AC outlet near the modem/router/AP. The adapter is connected to a port on the router via a short length of Ethernet cable.

I have an identical Netgear powerline adapter plugged into an AC outlet in the rec room in the basement. It connects via another short length of Ethernet cable to an Ethernet switch to which is connected my NAS, printers, a compute server, and occasionally other computers.

Depending on what I'm doing, I'll have anywhere from 2 to 6 moOde players communicating wirelessly to the AP. They have had no "disappearing NAS" problems.

Details matter, of course. I'm not sure if these powerline adapters are on the same AC circuit or if they are on different circuits connected via circuit breakers in the main electrical panel. (Yeah, I know, I could play the "throw the breaker and see what happens" game, but other stuff would get unhappy.)

The alternative would have been to punch holes in walls and run Ethernet cable between the rec room and the garage. Technically feasible but harmful to domestic tranquility.

Regards,
Kent