Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Can't listen Spotify on moode
(04-01-2020, 01:30 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The 3rd party software you installed is probably conflicting with moOde's integrated Spotify renderer.

Start with a fresh image, turn on the Spotify renderer in Audio config and see if "Moode Spotfy" shows up on your client Spotify app.

There are no credential settings for Spotify renderer in moOde. The credentials are automatically passed from the client Spotify app. It has to be a Spotify Premium account.

Ok! I started with a fresh image. Followed setup steps one by one, turn on spotify renderer but moode spotify doesn't show on my spotify client app
What I can do?
[Image: 4v0G8NJ.jpg]
@vastus

Are your iPhone and your moOde player on the same WiFi subnet?

Regards,
Kent
(04-01-2020, 08:27 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @vastus

Are your iPhone and your moOde player on the same WiFi subnet?

Regards,
Kent
Need to look it. Thanks
The only things I'm aware of that could result in Moode Spotify not appearing in Spotify client app are:

1. Not a Spotify Premium account
2. Network issue that's blocking the discovery protocol that Spotify app uses to find Spotify Connect devices.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
You also might want to verify that Moode Spotify hasn't crashed for some reason.

Code:
pgrep librespot

This will return a number (PID) if librespot is running
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
The Spotify renderer on my moOde players has always been reliably detected by the iOS Spotify app on my iPad and the Android Spotify app on my Pixel 3a phone. Premium account, of course.

Weird things happen with the Spotify Web Player running in Chrome on my Linux Mint laptop.

With all three apps running
  • Spotify/iOS sees moOde, Pixel 3a
  • Spotify/Android sees moOde, iPad, Web Player
  • Web Player sees iPad, Pixel 3a
Since I don't use the Web player, this remains a curiosity for me. As one of my professors would say, I'll leave it to an interested student to figure it out.

And, of course, I meant "LAN subnet", not WiFi subnet.

Regards,
Kent
(04-01-2020, 08:39 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You also might want to verify that Moode Spotify hasn't crashed for some reason.

Code:
pgrep librespot

This will return a number (PID) if librespot is running
pi@moode:~ $ pgrep librespot

Librespot is runnig, I have a premium account. i'm pretty sure that is something about having 2 routers with different NAT. Looking for a solution...
I don't understand why I didn't thought it before...
(04-01-2020, 08:36 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The only things I'm aware of that could result in Moode Spotify not appearing in Spotify client app are:

1. Not a Spotify Premium account
2. Network issue that's blocking the discovery protocol that Spotify app uses to find Spotify Connect devices.

Hello to all!

Sorry about taking so long to answer. The problem was a bug in my old router with openwrt. It wasn't able to work properly as a bridge.
Happily, I found this morning a wifi usb of the raspberry. I configured it and now is working perfect! Thanks!!
Donating to the project in 3,2,1...