Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

No sound for FLAC 192kHz 24bit
Hello.
I have HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro with RPi 3+.
I cannot play FLAC 192kHz 24bit tracks - track is "plying" but no sound.
Other tracks it plays good.

Where is the problem ?

I have found some discussions on internet, but it did not help me...

Thank You for an answer.
Miro
(04-01-2020, 05:37 AM)MiroG Wrote: Hello.

Where is the problem ?

Thank You for an answer.
Miro

Hello @MiroG...

I'm afraid you are quite shy on details Smile
1. we don't know whether you even use MoOde Player
2. if MoOde Player... which version?
3. have the same HiRes files played (with sound) before in the same set-up (RPi3+ and HiFiBerry DAC and 'your Player version)?
4. if the those HiRes files were playing perfectly BEFORE have you made any configuration (hardware or software) changes?
5. is ANY HiRes file NOT playing with sound? (download test samples from here: http://www.2l.no/hires/
6. have you checked if your volume (hardware or software) is ON and turned up?
25. buy a brand new Sandisk uSD card, download and install the latest MoOde version on the new uSD card, remove the DAC HAT, insert the new MoOde card, power up and configure MoOde as per the instructions
26. test sound (MoOde audio test and then some listed Radio stations) with headphones connected to the RPi headphones port
27. load a selection of digital files ranging from MP3 to FLAC 16/44.1 - FLAC 24/96 - FLAC 24/192 onto a USB flash thumb
28. if all OK so far, attach the DAC HAT, re-configure MoOde for the HAT DAC and test again with the said USB flash thumb via an attached headphone amplifier or standalone amplifier

Let us know the outcome...
(04-01-2020, 06:44 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 05:37 AM)MiroG Wrote: Hello.

Where is the problem ?

Thank You for an answer.
Miro

Hello @MiroG...

I'm afraid you are quite shy on details Smile
1. we don't know whether you even use MoOde Player
2. if MoOde Player... which version?
3. have the same HiRes files played (with sound) before in the same set-up (RPi3+ and HiFiBerry DAC and 'your Player version)?
4. if the those HiRes files were playing perfectly BEFORE have you made any configuration (hardware or software) changes?
5. is ANY HiRes file NOT playing with sound? (download test samples from here: http://www.2l.no/hires/
6. have you checked if your volume (hardware or software) is ON and turned up?
25. buy a brand new Sandisk uSD card, download and install the latest MoOde version on the new uSD card, remove the DAC HAT, insert the new MoOde card, power up and configure MoOde as per the instructions
26. test sound (MoOde audio test and then some listed Radio stations) with headphones connected to the RPi headphones port
27. load a selection of digital files ranging from MP3 to FLAC 16/44.1 - FLAC 24/96 - FLAC 24/192 onto a USB flash thumb
28. if all OK so far, attach the DAC HAT, re-configure MoOde for the HAT DAC and test again with the said USB flash thumb via an attached headphone amplifier or standalone amplifier  

Let us know the outcome...

Hello CallMeMike.

Thank You for Your advices.

I have found the problem.
I was listening with graphic equaliser ( Classic V ).

When I disabled equaliser - it plays 192kHz 24bit files again.

MiroG
Is this a known limitation of the graphic eq?
I ran a quick test with SoX 24/192 -> 32/192 -> Classic V to my Katana and no issues. Note that in my case ALSA zero-pads the bit depth to 32 cos Katana only accepts 16 and 32 bit.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub