Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Idea: Multi-room co-existance
Snapcast output plugin is now integrated in mpd 0.23, it should be easier to do multi room audio sync
We will have to see what "integrated" means when 0.23 is released.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-22-2021, 07:24 AM)efung Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I've looked at SnapCast in the past and it did not seem reliable especially since it relies on getting audio data from a FIFO pipe. The fact is that MPD itself doesn't not include multi-room sync audio capability like iTunes, LMS, Roon, etc. Maybe someday a developer will volunteer to write an MPD plugin that does this.

1) would probably turn into a support nightmare for our project.
2) its not possible to have both the on-board audio device and an I2S device active at the same time.

I am not sure what #2 exactly means. But, I have both snapcast server (allows 3 input sources) and client (I2S device) running in the same Raspberry Pi 3B reliably. The second snapclient can play the same music without audible delay. I can "snapcast" the bit streams coming from UPnP client (Qobuz). I also installed BubbleUPnP server to the Raspberry Pi.  I attach the screen captures of my modded GUI.

One of the attached pictures shows moOde Player is playing Halie Loren's songs from Qobuz.

Please post a link to your modified moOde sources, per the GPL.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(02-22-2021, 12:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 07:24 AM)efung Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 04:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I've looked at SnapCast in the past and it did not seem reliable especially since it relies on getting audio data from a FIFO pipe. The fact is that MPD itself doesn't not include multi-room sync audio capability like iTunes, LMS, Roon, etc. Maybe someday a developer will volunteer to write an MPD plugin that does this.

1) would probably turn into a support nightmare for our project.
2) its not possible to have both the on-board audio device and an I2S device active at the same time.

I am not sure what #2 exactly means. But, I have both snapcast server (allows 3 input sources) and client (I2S device) running in the same Raspberry Pi 3B reliably. The second snapclient can play the same music without audible delay. I can "snapcast" the bit streams coming from UPnP client (Qobuz). I also installed BubbleUPnP server to the Raspberry Pi.  I attach the screen captures of my modded GUI.

One of the attached pictures shows moOde Player is playing Halie Loren's songs from Qobuz.

Please post a link to your modified moOde sources, per the GPL.

-Tim
Will do it after I create a github account for public access.
Great, thanks. Maybe we can integrate your nice work into moOde.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-22-2021, 06:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Great, thanks. Maybe we can integrate your nice work into moOde.

I use version 6.7.1. If you can integrate my codes into it and bump the version to 6.7.2, I will be happy to send you my modified files instead of posting it online. The reason I keep using 6.7.1 is that 7.0.1 does not work well with Audirvana/Qobuz when the sampling is above 44.1kHz; it generates random loud white noise.
The PM you sent me tonight states that you are redistributing a modified moOde image and selling this image as your own product. I can publish the PM if needed.

Good luck with the approach you and your company are taking with violating the terms under which moOde is licensed and refusing to provide your modified sources back to the community and project to which you are benefiting from.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!