Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Audio dropout BBC Radio 320k
(04-02-2020, 05:50 PM)Stevie D Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 12:25 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: Perhaps it is punishment for listening to Radio 2, Get BBC 6 Music on! Big Grin

I did listen to 6 occasionally, must give it another go, unfortunately I suspect they're all the same.

I expect so. I have reasonable DAB reception so tend to use that for BBC radio.
----------------
Robert
I'm pretty sure it's a BBC issue. Radio 3 has been dropping out occasionally on my Roberts internet radio too.
(04-04-2020, 10:42 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 05:50 PM)Stevie D Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 12:25 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: Perhaps it is punishment for listening to Radio 2, Get BBC 6 Music on! Big Grin

I did listen to 6 occasionally, must give it another go, unfortunately I suspect they're all the same.

I expect so. I have reasonable DAB reception so tend to use that for BBC radio.

Yes, it is very likely that the problem lies with the BBC...

BBC is 'home' radio for me too hence I got a DAB radio running 24/7 in my den (tuned to Radio 2 Tongue ) so no interruptions here...
(04-05-2020, 05:52 AM)CallMeMike Wrote: tuned to Radio 2 Tongue

GAH!
I sometimes listen to Radio 2 on summer mornings.
As it drifts through the open window from my neighbours kitchen where it plays so loudly I can clearly hear the inane dj over my own music Sad
----------------
Robert
(04-05-2020, 08:03 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:

GAH!
As it drifts through the open window from my neighbours kitchen where it plays so loudly I can clearly hear the inane dj over my own music Sad

Are you sure you're not living next door to Mike ?? Big Grin Angel
----------
bob
(04-05-2020, 08:52 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 08:03 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:

GAH!

Are you sure you're not living next door to Mike ?? Big Grin Angel

Bob, please... Absolutely not true, the Commander-in Chief has absolutely made it clear that I can tune/adjust/modify channels/stations on my devices ONLY... and she is a Bach with a dash of Verdi type of girl, pardon me, lady so no Radio 2 into the confines of the kitchen, pardon me, the Nutrition Laboratory... Smile

@the_bertrum  I do feel for you, I do... As a rule of thumb, after introducing the said DAB radio into my den the neccessary stations were set up, allocated to the radio memory and the radio has been left ON with the default R2 ever since (cca. 7-8 years, I kid you not). I used to alternate R2 with Chill Radio and, indeed, Radio 6, but basically R2 is the default. If I do not have the headphones on I may perk up at the sound of the 'news bulletin'... Power hiccups, rare though, do not spoil the rules set years ago on the said radio.
I listen to BBC6 Music regularly, it's pretty much the only radio station I listen to and yes, I get drop outs every so often too.

That said DAB's really not an option for me on the Hi-Fi as DAB radio here in the UK is quite poor quality. UK DAB is all low bitrate MP2 encoded, on average around 64Kbps, I think 6 Music is higher due to the focus on music but still, not great.
Here in North America we have HD Radio instead than DAB. It enables a station to transmit digital signals just above or below their assigned analog FM signal.

It's great if you have an up-to-date FM receiver, which we do in our car. Many local stations broadcast multiple channels---traditional programming on the analog channel and alternative programming on the digital channel(s). A local classical music station devotes an alternative channel to vocal music, for example. My SO loves the alternative channel on her favorite rock station.

At home, of course, moOde reigns!

Regards,
Kent