Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode loads, then stuck on black screen
RPI4
The command string loads, then screen goes black 2-3 seconds then a backlit black.

I have clicked mouse and tapped keyboard, so it doesn't appear to be a screensaver issue.

PI worked with raspian installed, so cable connections should not be the issue either.

Not a programer/coder. Newbie to RPI

Thanks for any advice.
Moode is a distro for primarily running a headless digital audio player, Moode's interface is web based i.e. you'd ideally control Moode from a different device that can run a web browser like a tablet, phone etc.  

There is no local display unless you enable it in Moode's settings in the Moode menu under [Configure] > [System] > [Local UI Display]. That said if you do that the responsiveness of the local web interface would be contrained somewhat by the Pi's hardware resources and depending on the size of your library.

Check out the setup guide for setup tips.
(04-13-2020, 05:21 PM)vinnn Wrote: Moode is a distro for primarily running a headless digital audio player, Moode's interface is web based i.e. you'd ideally control Moode from a different device that can run a web browser like a tablet, phone etc.  

There is no local display unless you enable it in Moode's settings in the Moode menu under [Configure] > [System] > [Local UI Display]. That said if you do that the responsiveness of the local web interface would be contrained somewhat by the Pi's hardware resources and depending on the size of your library.

Thanks Vinnn,

the first of many "duh" moments, im sure.... a headless DAP is my goal. Guess I was expecting to see connection instructions on the monitor. When I look over the set up guide, i don't see how/where I get the iPad interface.... second duh coming, i can feel it...hehe
(04-13-2020, 05:46 PM)tbonebusch Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 05:21 PM)vinnn Wrote: Moode is a distro for primarily running a headless digital audio player, Moode's interface is web based i.e. you'd ideally control Moode from a different device that can run a web browser like a tablet, phone etc.  

Thanks Vinnn,

the first of many "duh" moments, im sure.... a headless DAP is my goal. Guess I was expecting to see connection instructions on the monitor. When I look over the set up guide, i don't see how/where I get the iPad interface.... second duh coming, i can feel it...hehe

http://moode.local in iOS, or the IP address in android. Alternatively for Android:
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/archive/inde...d-179.html