Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Khadas Tone Board DSD playback
Hello,

I recently installed a Khadas Tone Board on my Moode driven Rpi 4b system. It is connected to a USB port. The sound is really excellent, but it refuses to play my DSD encoded music. And if I set DSD over PCM to yes, I see the track playing but no sound. I am using Moode 6.4.2.

I must say that I have the latest stable version of Libreelec on another micro sd card. When I run it on the same hardware as described above, all my DSD tracks play correctly.

Do you have an idea of what happens?

Merci.
Quote:but it refuses to play my DSD encoded music

What does this mean? My KTB is perfectly happy playing DSD tracks directly.

What are your MPD settings? Remember that the KTB does not have digital volume control so DSD tracks need either software volume control with the volume set to 100% or disabled volume control. Either way volume must be controlled downstream somewhere, like in a preamp or the main amp.

Regards,
Kent
(04-17-2020, 09:54 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Quote:but it refuses to play my DSD encoded music

What does this mean? My KTB is perfectly happy playing DSD tracks directly.

What are your MPD settings? Remember that the KTB does not have digital volume control so DSD tracks need either software volume control with the volume set to 100% or disabled volume control. Either way volume must be controlled downstream somewhere, like in a preamp or the main amp.

Regards,
Kent

I just re-installed a fresh version of 6.4.2 and it now works. I had a few add-ons in my other installation, like a remote control (LIRC), and a few other add-ons. I will now check which one caused this problem.

Sorry for the "false" problem.

Thank you much for your reply.
All's well that ends well!