Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode find my Nas but not the library
(04-22-2020, 10:45 AM)vinnn Wrote: @romain64

It is not clear what your problem is.

Is the problem that the filesystem is not mounting or is it that mpd is not finding your audio files?
For example does the source have a tick next to it in Moode's library page?

If so then NFS is working.

If the NFS mount is working have you triggered a library update to scan for your files? e.g. [Configure] > [Library] > [Update MPD database]

I think the filesystem is mounting: because in Configure/library/music source is valid and not Red X 
I test : Configure/library/updade Mpd and in the library there are nothing or in my Nas there are a song
look my picture
thank for you help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-22-2020, 11:59 AM)romain64 Wrote: I think the filesystem is mounting: because in Configure/library/music source is valid and not Red X 
I test : Configure/library/updade Mpd and in the library there are nothing or in my Nas there are a song
look my picture
thank for you help

I see, so if you've updated the library it's likely the process cannot see your audio files on the share
(04-22-2020, 10:45 AM)vinnn Wrote: @romain64

It is not clear what your problem is.

Is the problem that the filesystem is not mounting or is it that mpd is not finding your audio files?
For example does the source have a tick next to it in Moode's library page?

If so then NFS is working.

If the NFS mount is working have you triggered a library update to scan for your files? e.g. [Configure] > [Library] > [Update MPD database]
Thank for you help, 
192.168.0.18 is ip adress of my nas
192.168.0.17 is my ip adress of my moode player
my shared folder / music : Now, I created a authorization nfs for 192.168.0.0/24 
And I click on update mpd but nothing happen

With my iPhone, I use app folder,  I connected to server with 192.168.0.18 and I acceded to music and play the song. Maybe because I checked SMB,AFP,NFS in service
folder?
Anyway the problem persist : the source has a tick next to it in the moode's library page, but mpd is not finding any file.

(04-22-2020, 12:50 PM)romain64 Wrote: With my iPhone, I use app folder,  I connected to server with 192.168.0.18 and I acceded to music and play the song. Maybe because I checked SMB,AFP,NFS in service
folder?

Anyway the problem persist : the source has a tick next to it in the moode's library page, but mpd is not finding any file.

Well, have you tried letting moOde find the SMB share instead trying to work with the NFS export?

Either method worked for me when I created a virtual Synology NAS for testing purposes last year. 

Keep in mind that the moOde folders view is NOT a directory manager. It is a display of the music-containing folders that have been successfully scanned by MPD. Your NAS won't show up in it if MPD didn't (or couldn't) find music files in it.

If you have a green checkmark, then from the moOde command line you should see something like (this from one of my moOde players)

Code:
pi@moodeLR:~ $ ls -l /mnt
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Apr 22 08:10 NAS
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Feb 17 19:55 SDCARD
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 17 17:16 UPNP

pi@moodeLR:~ $ ls -l /mnt/NAS
total 0
drwxrwxrwx   1 root root  50 May  5  2019 OMV-NFS
drwxrwsrwx+ 22 pi   users  0 Aug 22  2019 OMV-SMB

pi@moodeLR:~ $ ls -l /mnt/NAS/OMV-NFS
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 1026 users 22 May  5  2019  Jazz
drwxrwxrwx 1 1026 users 24 Apr 16  2016  Musical

As you might infer, OMV-NFS is a NFS export from my OpenMediaVault NAS. Similarly, OMV-SMB is a SAMBA share from the same NAS.

The last "ls" command shows the highest level of folders within the NFS export.

Regards,
Kent

Regards,
KEnt
(04-22-2020, 12:50 PM)romain64 Wrote: Thank for you help, 
my shared folder / music : Now, I created a authorization nfs for 192.168.0.0/24 

With my iPhone, I use app folder,  I connected to server with 192.168.0.18 and I acceded to music and play the song. Maybe because I checked SMB,AFP,NFS in service
folder?

This is unlikely to be a Moode issue, it seems this is more likely to be caused by the options on your NFS share on the NAS and/or file permissions of the shared files.

You could access the mounted filesystem in a shell if you wish, as follows...
  •    In Moode goto to [Configure] > [System] > [Local Services] and ensure [SSH term server] is enabled.
  •    Once enabled select the [Open] button for Web SSH terminal
  •    Login as user pi with the password moodeaudio
  •    At the prompt you can see any NFS mounts with...
Code:
mount|grep nfs
... which should show your /mnt/NAS/musique mountpoint
  •    List the contents of the share with
Code:
ls -l /mnt/NAS/musique
  •    Test to see if the mpd user can see any mp3 files on your share...
Code:
sudo su - mpd -c 'find /mnt/NAS -iname "*mp3" '

Hope that helps
(04-22-2020, 01:11 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 12:50 PM)romain64 Wrote: Thank for you help, 

folder?

This is unlikely to be a Moode issue, more likely to do with the options on your NFS share on the NAS or file permissions on the shared files.

You could access the mounted filesystem in a shell if you wish, as follows...
  •    Goto to [Configure] > [System] > [Local Services] and ensure [SSH term server] is enabled.
  •    Once enabled select the [Open] button for Web SSH terminal
  •    Login as user pi with the password moodeaudio
  •    At the prompt you can see any NFS mounts with...
Code:
mount| grep nfs
     ... which should show your /mnt/NAS/musique mountpoint
  •    List the contents of the share with
Code:
ls /mnt/NAS/musique
  •    Test to see if the mpd user can see any mp3 files on your share...
Code:
sudo su - mpd -c 'find /mnt/NAS -iname "*mp3" '

Hope that helps
It's going to be more complicated, I follow your instructions step by step:
I think you are right, the problem comes from the nas.
I send you a capture of the terminal screen. So now what should happen?
Thank a lot

Your screen shot shows moOde 6.2.1 which is 4 full releases behind the current production 6.4.2 release. Your NAS connection issues might be due to bugs in that old release.

I'd recommend installing the current moOde 6.4.2 release or waiting for upcoming 6.5.0 release.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-22-2020, 01:43 PM)romain64 Wrote: It's going to be more complicated, I follow your instructions step by step:
Thank a lot

That actually looks fine!
So you are sure you have updated the MPD database?
Are your mp3 files correctly tagged?

Start a database update, the progress is shown by the spinning circle in Moode's interface...

.jpg   moode_spinney.jpg (Size: 4.53 KB / Downloads: 95)

When finished run the following in the terminal to look for errors...
Code:
moodeutl -l

Also run...
Code:
mpc stats
Which should tell you if you have any albums etc. in the database
(04-22-2020, 01:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your screen shot shows moOde 6.2.1 which is 4 full releases behind the current production 6.4.2 release. Your NAS connection issues might be due to bugs in that old release.

I'd recommend installing the current moOde 6.4.2 release or waiting for upcoming 6.5.0 release.

I use this version because i have mounted a DAC with a Sabre card. The audio phonics seller has modified moodeaudio to have the old screen an the Sabre card driver, and the remote control. 
But I have a Pi2 and I test with the new version. 
Thank

https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/blog-diy-...e.html#rdm
(04-22-2020, 01:58 PM)vinnn Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 01:43 PM)romain64 Wrote: It's going to be more complicated, I follow your instructions step by step:
Thank a lot

That actually looks fine!
So you are sure you have updated the MPD database?
Are your mp3 files correctly tagged?

Start a database update, the progress is shown by the spinning circle in Moode's interface...

When finished run the following in the terminal to look for errors...
Code:
moodeutl -l

Also run...
Code:
mpc stats
Which should tell you if you have any albums etc. in the database
Yes i 'm sure, I update mpd (look a capture)
and I send the rapport in the terminal 

I very strange, because the folder Music doesn't appear

.png   Capture d’écran 2020-04-22 à 16.29.40.png (Size: 4.58 KB / Downloads: 72)