Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: How does the Clock Radio work?
So I have been trying to use the alarm clock function using a webradio as the source. I started playing the stream and from the playlist selected "Set for Clock Radio" and set the times. 

I had played some other tracks in the meantime and so the playlist had them in it. Once the clock reached the on-time it started playing the playlist that was currently loaded not the radio station I wanted.

I played with it some more, set the time to be a few minutes ahead and cleared the playlist. Now it done nothing. Repeating with a random album in the playlist and it starts to play the playlist not the webradio station it was set with.

Am I missing something here?
It works fine for me. All that's required is that the item selected for clock radio is somewhere in the main Playlist. if it's not then clock radio just issues a play command which will play the last played item in the main Playlist.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
How do I "Use 'Set for clock radio' on the Playlist item menu to populate this read-only field." in the M/Configure/ Clock Radio panel?

I realise that I am being a bit thick here but I can't find a "Set for clock radio" option in the dropdown of the Radio station in the playlist.

I am running moOde 7.4.0 on a RPi 3B. Thanks for the update made available today Tim. Smile
You might need to refresh the Browser while the ... menu is open.

It should look like below.

Enjoy the Music!
Thank you Tim. Got it! I just didn't see the three dots in line with the Playlist Item. All good now. - Robin
Hmmmm... I thought I had it but I still have a problem.

I have set the Clock Radio "Item to play " to BBC Radio 2 but when the Clock Radio come on, It starts to play the item that is current in the Playlist rather than BBC Radio 2. If I go back into Configure/ Clock Radio, BBC Radio 2 is still selected as the "Item to play".

I tried Restarting moOde to no avail. - R
Works ok for me. Post the clock radio variables and I'll have a look.

Code:
sudo moodeutl -d | grep clkradio
Enjoy the Music!
I should add that the item selected for Clock Radio to play has to be somewhere in the Queue.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-26-2021, 01:54 PM)Wheel_nut Wrote: It starts to play the item that is current in the Playlist rather than BBC Radio 2.

I think moOde is just doing you a favour there.  Anything has to be better than BBC Radio 2 surely?

SmileSmileSmile - Triple smiley to make sure it is clear that my tongue is firmly in my cheek.
----------------
Robert
(09-26-2021, 02:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Works ok for me. Post the clock radio variables and I'll have a look.

Code:
sudo moodeutl -d | grep clkradio

Quote:
Code:
pi@moodePi1:~ $ sudo moodeutl -d | grep clkradio
clkradio_mode|Clock Radio
clkradio_item|http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_radio_two.m3u8
clkradio_name|BBC Radio 2 (320K)
clkradio_start|02,51,PM,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
clkradio_stop|02,52,PM,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
clkradio_volume|50
clkradio_action|None
pi@moodePi1:~ $

Does this help?