Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Upgraded push buttons
Hello everyone,

I am building a DIY Audio setup based on the ALLO KATANA DAC and Moode. I have ordered many push-buttons and a rotary coder and after wiring, all Moode's options are working very nicely. However, it is very difficult to get all typical options that you have with a regular hifi system : it is easy to get "PREV" and "NEXT" buttons associated with a third button with "MPC TOGGLE", but to manage other functions (like to create a playlist for example), it seems to be much more difficult.

One option that I would personally have would be able to "cycle" actions when making multiple press on the same button: for example, to have "Repeat"/"Single"/"Random" for a song in an existing playlist. I remember that Tim explained that it is possible to associate a "button" with a a Bash script, but due to my very low programing knowledge, I do not see how to get such a possibility.

I am maybe asking too much from Moode (I understand that this software is mainly designed to be used with a tactile interface), but I thank in advance anyone that could bring to me a piece of advice on how to do to upgrade the currently offered "push-button options" .

Best regards,
For example, you can use this script and add the function time.

When starting the script, read time, from the last call and compare with the current time.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
t1=$(date +%s)
echo $t1
t2=$(cat time.log)
echo $t2
delta=$(( ($t1-$t2) ))
echo $t1 > time.log
echo $delta

if [ $delta -lt 2 ]
    then
        echo "Button pressed twice"
        double=1
fi

if the value $delta is small, you pressed the button twice.

like this you can extend the functions
(04-29-2020, 07:12 AM)owagott Wrote: For example, you can use this script and add the function time.

When starting the script, read time, from the last call and compare with the current time.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
t1=$(date +%s)
echo $t1
t2=$(cat time.log)
echo $t2
delta=$(( ($t1-$t2) ))
echo $t1 > time.log
echo $delta

if [ $delta -lt 2 ]
    then
        echo "Button pressed twice"
       double=1
fi

if the value $delta is small, you pressed the button twice.

like this you can extend the functions

Thank you for this proposal. I will look into it and see what I can do with it.

Best regards,