Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Set logging in upmpdcli.conf but /var/log/moodeupnp.log
PS

Terribly rusty != too old
Can you recap the benefits of bumping upmpdcli? I've lost track.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Tim Curtis

I'm probably not the right person to advocate for the upgrade. From my perspective this is a 'should do' item, not a 'most do', but I'm not an OpenHome user nor a big fan of the UPnP Control Point software I have access to.

It's my understanding that the progression from upmpdcli 1.2.x through 1.3.x to 1.4.x has improved (or implemented) various OpenHome functions; improved compatibility with apps like Kazoo, Upplay, and BubbleUPnP; and improved the plugins for Qobuz, Tidal, and Spotify (yes, there's now a plugin for Spotify). The plugin improvements include supporting their move to oauth2.

Along the way there have been bug fixes, refactoring of libraries, and exposure of previously hidden app tokens to upmpdcli.conf for easier configuration. 

Several users have built the (almost) current version on their own. In my case, I think 1.4.9 was the last I built. I tested it only to the extent that I could use it the way I was using 1.2.16. I did not test new features nor did I explore what changes might be necessary to support the new versions in moOde's UPnP config screen.

Regards,
Kent
(06-20-2020, 01:00 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: A quick test of my suggestion to write to logfilename = /tmp/moodeupnp.log resulted instead in a file named /tmp/upexplo.log??? That suggests to me that upmpdcli isn't parsing its configuration file correctly.

I want to build the current version of upmpdcli and its supporting libraries and test whether logging has changed before I query Francois (the upmpdcli developer). I built it before but in a well-intended but misguided housecleaning exercise wiped out the disk volume I was using in my testing.

Regards,
Kent

So it seems that the /tmp/upexplo.log file is created when the upmpdcli renderer starts with debug logging enabled. It's brief and has owner root.root. Its name is suggestive that it is actually created by a upmpdcli component named upexplorer but I haven't checked that yet.

C++ code is not my cup of tea and I got lost trying to trace through the sources, but having now built upmpdcli 1.4.12, I find that it properly creates and logs to the /tmp/moodeupnp.log file I asked for, owned by upmpdcli.root. The /tmp/upexplo.log file gets created initially still.

Tim has included the build instructions for upmpdcli 1.4.12 in /other/build/build_recipe_v2.23.txt in the develop branch of the moOde github repo.

Regards,
Kent
Did u get a chance to test out 1.4.12 ?
Enjoy the Music!
(06-28-2020, 03:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Did u get a chance to test out 1.4.12 ?

Listening to Laurie Anderson using upmpdcli 1.4.12 on an moOde 6.5.2 player as the UPnP Renderer, mConnectLite on my Android phone as Connect Point, and upmpdcli 1.2.16 on another moOde 6.5.2 player as a UPnP Media Server. haven't explored other modes yet.

Ran into an issue with the upexplorer section of the build instructions, will post the abend info in a comment on the repo.

I dumped my Tidal subscription so will have to figure out a trial subscription for my SO to be able to test. Candidly, I've about given up on the app token problem, as, apparently, has Jean-Francois. Various places in his documentation echo this sentiment:

Quote:Tidal and Qobuz are still supported by the code, but the access will only be possible if you can find a working application token (Tidal) or appid/secret pair (Qobuz), to authorize access by the Upmpdcli application.

Regards,
Kent
Ok I'll wait till u post the issue cos upexplorer is what is used to fetch the cover art. If it doesn't compile (as part of the libupnppsamples-code bundle) then maybe there is an updated version of libupnppsamples-code that needs to be used, otherwise 1.4.12 is DOA.
Enjoy the Music!
@Tim Curtis

I'm using moode 6.5.2 and have just updated upmpdcli from 1.2.16 to 1.4.12 (and libupnpp 0.19.2) without issue.  It may be worth noting that it no longer has a dependency on pupnp/libupnp, which apparently was venerable and buggy – a significant change according to Jean-Francois  (see https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/libnpupnp.html)
(06-29-2020, 10:47 AM)Zigzag Wrote: @Tim Curtis

I'm using moode 6.5.2 and have just updated upmpdcli from 1.2.16 to 1.4.12 (and libupnpp 0.19.2) without issue.  It may be worth noting that it no longer has a dependency on pupnp/libupnp, which apparently was venerable and buggy – a significant change according to Jean-Francois  (see https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/libnpupnp.html)

See the repo issue I posted yesterday. Done and dusted.

Regards,
Kent
(06-29-2020, 11:14 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 10:47 AM)Zigzag Wrote: @Tim Curtis

See the repo issue I posted yesterday. Done and dusted.

Regards,
Kent

I reallly appreicate the efforts to incorporate an updated version of upmpdcli in Moode.