Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.5.2 support thread
There's a potential issue with the "lib-coverart-img" in the meta area of the Tag view.

Steps to repro:

i. With no genre/artist/album selected it's showing the moOde logo.
ii. Select an artist. The logo changes to the Artist name.
iii. Select an album. Artist name changes to album art (if it exists).
iv. Click the header of the Album column to clear the album selection.
-> the text changes, but not back to the actually selected artist. It changes to the name of the penultimate artist in the list of artists that are currently showing in the Artist column.
Pi-4B[1GB] with Allo DigiOne SPDIF

'This is the time. And this is the record of the time.'
I can repro.

Chillin ATM so will have a look tomorrow :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Photo 
Hi Tim, thank you so much for the AutoPlay solution, I really like it now and it works great.

Unfortunately there are another reasons why I stay with v6.4.2 anyway.
For me the display for my screen in v6.5.2 just doesn't work properly, everything is a bit too big.

I'm currently using the web interface on a Windows computer in a VM, so a resolution of 1920x984 on a 24" monitor (1920x1080) remains.

1. the display of the own library covers is much too big. In v6.4.2 it was 3x9 well visible, in v6.5.2 only 6x2 covers are visible.

2. the scrollbar in the lower right corner can't be reached with the mouse because the player bar is above it. (both versions)

3. in the large player view the buttons below the volume display disappear. And the display of the artists and titles move even further down than in 6.4.2.

4. I find switching between Library and Radio via the new menu much too complicated, but you already answered that.

I am aware that the display problems are mostly caused by the display in the VM and the resolution 1920x984, but it would be great if you could adjust something there. In general the overview gets better when the browser window gets narrower. I can imagine that the display gets generally worse on wide monitors.

I have tried to show my points in the screenshots. 
Thanks and keep up the good work, I really like using Moodeaudio and think it is the best player at the moment.

greetings  Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm not able to repro the display anomalies in my viewport sim. Maybe the running in a VM is contributing to what you are experiencing.

We are planning to add an appearance option to adjust the size of the Album and Radio thumbnails, and also do some work on the CSS for the large screen sizes. This will be included in upcoming moOde release 6.6.0
Enjoy the Music!
(05-04-2020, 08:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Could be a bug in the version of MPD used in the 6.5 series.

6.4.2 uses MPD 0.21.16
6.5.y uses MPD 0.21.22

Have you tried the test version of MPD 0.22-git that's availble on Audio Config?

Hi Tim,
I apologize for the inconvenience: I have tried several times with 6.4.2 and 6.5.2: with the previous version I have no problem with the Library, with the most recent I had the problems that I have already described.
Is it possible to install MPD 0.21.16 on 6.5.2?
If yes: HOW?
thanks a lot and regards,
Francesco
Yo.u can get the binary from the moOde repo.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/releases

Scroll down to release 6.4.2, click Assets, then download the source code zip or get it via SSH on your moOde box using the procedure below. The procedure also install the binary.

Code:
wget https://github.com/moode-player/moode/archive/r642prod.zip
unzip -q r642prod.zip
sudo cp moode-r642prod/other/mpd/mpd-0.21.16 ./
sudo mv ./mpd-0.21.16 /usr/local/bin/mpd

sudo rm -rf ./moode-r642prod
sudo rm ./r642prod.zip

sudo systemctl restart mpd

if you need to go back to either the 6.5.2 default binary or the 0.22.-git test binary then follow the procedure below.

Code:
sudo cp /var/www/inc/mpd-* ./
sudo mv ./mpd-0.21.22 /usr/local/bin/mpd
--or--
sudo mv ./mpd-0.22-git /usr/local/bin/mpd

Whichever one you install it has to match the currently selected entry in the MPD version field on Audio config.
Enjoy the Music!
(05-07-2020, 08:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yo.u can get the binary from the moOde repo.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/releases

Scroll down to release 6.4.2, click Assets, then download the source code zip or get it via SSH on your moOde box using the procedure below. The procedure also install the binary.

Code:
wget https://github.com/moode-player/moode/archive/r642prod.zip
unzip -q r642prod.zip
sudo cp moode-r642prod/other/mpd/mpd-0.21.16 ./
sudo mv ./mpd-0.21.16 /usr/local/bin/mpd

sudo rm -rf ./moode-r642prod
sudo rm ./r642prod.zip

if you need to go back to either the 6.5.2 default binary or the 0.22.-git test binary then follow the procedure below.

Code:
sudo cp /var/www/inc/mpd-* ./
sudo mv ./mpd-0.21.22 /usr/local/bin/mpd
--or--
sudo mv ./mpd-0.22-git /usr/local/bin/mpd

Whichever one you install it has to match the currently selected entry in the MPD version field on Audio config.
Thanks a lot, Tim.
Tomorrow I will try and Iwill informe you about the results.
Good night and thanks again,
Francesco
Hi,
I just saw moOde 6.5.2 was released and also missed all 6.5.x versions until now.
I am running 6.4.2 and the in-place update in settings tells me that there is no update available (software is up to date).
Since the 6.5.0 iso was removed, may this cause problems for the in-place update?
What should I try to update my moOde installation from 6.4.2 to 6.5.2?

Peter
(05-08-2020, 09:25 AM)pgzh1 Wrote: Hi,
I just saw moOde 6.5.2 was released and also missed all 6.5.x versions until now.
I am running 6.4.2 and the in-place update in settings tells me that there is no update available (software is up to date).
Since the 6.5.0 iso was removed, may this cause problems for the in-place update?
What should I try to update my moOde installation from 6.4.2 to 6.5.2?

Peter

Peter, 
There is no in place upgrade to 6.5.x from 6.4.2 you need to do a fresh install.
Id like to report a UI issue with Safari on iOS. If I try to adjust the volume, I tap the volume icon which opens the nice rotary control, but if I tap + or - a couple of times to change volume, the browser sees it as a double-tap and magnifies the screen, which obviously moves the buttons. So I move my finger to tap the + or - buttons, give them a couple of taps, even slower this time, still seen as a double tap and now the browser zooms back out to normal size. Grrr.

Is there a way to tell the browser not do double-tap zoom, in css?