Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release
Love the HD option, could it not be expanded to include "SD" flac and "LD" mp3?
(05-15-2020, 07:21 AM)BlackSmile Wrote: Hi There,
Seems nice new feature, Is it possible to add quality check or at least display it while playing for Radios stations too ?

For next releases of moode, it would be really nice to do some improvement/optimzation on the startup process. My RPi3 take a full minute to boot-up and display the 7"Pi display...
My advice is also to keep moode as light as possible and easy to use...

thank you

The bit rate for Radio Stations is already displayed under the cover art or in Audio info. Do you mean display [HD] badge for "high definition" radio stations when they are playing or in the Radio view, or both? I'd need to know what defines HD for radio streams.

I'm not experiencing issues with long startup time so maybe your particular case is due to some sort of issue like a slow SD Card, slow network, etc. If you want to troubleshoot then reboot and examine the Moode startup log to identify what section is taking the most time to complete. Post your results in a NEW thread in the support section.

Code:
moodeutl -l

Of course we work to make moOde easy to use but I have no idea what you mean by "keeping moOde light".
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-15-2020, 08:50 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Love the HD option, could it not be expanded to include "SD" flac and "LD" mp3?

The approach we took was to create a pseudo tag named "encoded_at" for each track in the library tag cache . It contains bit depth, sample rate, audio format and a flag that designates lossy, standard definition, high definition. For example:

16/44 FLAC,s
24/96 FLAC,h
MP3,l
AAC,l
DSD 1.288,h

Library search can filter for "HD" or for a particular sample rate like "24/96". I'm not exactly sure what you are proposing. Can you expand on it?
Enjoy the Music!
(05-15-2020, 12:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 08:50 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Love the HD option, could it not be expanded to include "SD" flac and "LD" mp3?

The approach we took was to create a pseudo tag named "encoded_at" for each track in the library tag cache . It contains bit depth, sample rate, audio format and a flag that designates lossy, standard definition, high definition. For example:

16/44 FLAC,s
24/96 FLAC,h
MP3,l
AAC,l
DSD 1.288,h

Library search can filter for "HD" or for a particular sample rate like "24/96". I'm not exactly sure what you are proposing. Can you expand on it?

I love the HD icon in the Album cover corners (in HD only view) and wondered if a SD (Standard def) and LD (low def) icon could be added for standard flac and mp3 encoded albums.
(05-15-2020, 12:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

16/44 FLAC,s
24/96 FLAC,h
MP3,l
AAC,l
DSD 1.288,h

I love the HD icon in the Album cover corners (in HD only view) and wondered if a SD (Standard def) and LD (low effort) icon could be added for standard flac and mp3 encoded albums.
Yes, its possible and is similar to the original proposal from @bitlab to badge all the albums. My concern was the visual distraction caused by having colored badges on every album.

I can certainly experiment with it though and see how it looks.
Enjoy the Music!
Here are some screen shots showing one of the proposals for providing "first use" help for switching between Playback panel and Library panel. Each help text line must be individually dismissed (x). Once dismissed the help text never appears again.

Enjoy the Music!
Here's a screen shot of the Library menu styled using check marks. Compliments of @gbh_uk  :-)

Enjoy the Music!
Hi,

We are beginning to turn our attention to enhancing moOde's Radio Station feature which has remained largely the same over the years.

A few things currently in the works

- Import/Export

- Rich metadata
Genre
Broadcaster
Language (DJ or Announcer language)
Country
Region
Bitrate
Format

The metadata will be used to replace the use of sub-folders with an easy to use nav panel. It could be like Tag view except organized by Genre/Broadcaster/Station. Dunno yet.

The metadata will also enable displaying the bit rate and format for each station similar to what was shown for Album and Tag views :-)

More screenies to come as we progress :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
This is prototype Edit Station w/rich metadata

Enjoy the Music!