Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release
Nothing relevant is stated in the Open Home specification in either the Playlist section or the Radio service section. This is something upmpdcli is deciding for itself. I'm hopeful Zigzag's issue will get resolved quickly given Jean-Francois's attentiveness to his users.

That said, this integration of upmpdcli with moOde has always seemed to me to be like the old Saturday Night Live commercial for New Shimmer: Is it a floor wax or a dessert topping? Is  moOde a stand-alone player or a UPnP/OH renderer/server? So far, as with New Shimmer, the answer is both.

Not that there's anything wrong with the idea, but beyond the basic Media Renderer and Media Server functions, there's lots of features in upmpdcli that aren't yet a good fit. The radio service is a good example. It's been available for a long time but it's not integrated with moOde's own radio service. Only once in the years I've been hanging around has a user asked how to merge moOde station entries into upmpdcli's config file. I wrote a one-way script in response but that's not integration.

Like Tim, I don't use UPnP/OH other than to test the basics work using apps on phones/tablets along with an instance of minimserver ---no commercial A/V components here. With other connectivity paths between bespoke apps and moOde available as well as the integration of many streaming services into Control Points like BubbleUPnP, I've lost interest in the upmpdcli plugins such as Tidal and gmusic.

It'll be up to motivated users like Zigzag to help push things along.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upcoming moOde 6.6.0 feature release - by TheOldPresbyope - 06-30-2020, 02:03 PM