Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

SD Card size
I'm introducing a friend to MoOde and I need to know what the SD card size requirement is.  Am I right in thinking it needs to be at least 8GB?  He only has a 2GB card to hand.
(05-11-2020, 01:20 PM)ICLlP Wrote: I'm introducing a friend to MoOde and I need to know what the SD card size requirement is.  Am I right in thinking it needs to be at least 8GB?  He only has a 2GB card to hand.

Chances are that 2GB card is older technology as well as too small.

8GB is comfortably large enough but not so easy to find in retail stores these days. Anything bigger is overkill but works.

Just be sure to get a good quality name brand Class10 or better card. I use mostly Sandisk Ultras.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent.
My pleasure.

Specifying a Class 10 card was necessary in the early days when the market was flooded with low-speed cards which didn't perform well or reliably in this service. 

These days it's hard to find anything less at retail. I just wanted to make sure your friend's experience wasn't spoiled by pulling an old card out of his junk drawer and suffering from it.

Rereading my first reply, I realize if your friend gets an overly-large capacity card there will be a temptation to fill the empty space with a music collection. This works but is not a good idea for reasons you can find discussed in various posts on this forum.

Regards,
Kent