Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Support for power button
It could be nice to have support for a power button that would run Moode through the shutdown process.
Sometimes, the browse hangs, and makes access to the shutdown menu impossible. such a button will prevent a corrupted system due to an untimely power cycle. I have had to reinstall moode twice due to such a problem Smile
Furthermore, it could come in handy when installing the rpi as part of system that is usually powered down using one button.
Should be possible to use reboot script like here http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=148
or similar and wire a button to GPIO pins to triggers it
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(06-24-2018, 01:52 PM)Qawala Wrote: It could be nice to have support for a power button that would run Moode through the shutdown process.
Sometimes, the browse hangs, and makes access to the shutdown menu impossible. such a button will prevent a corrupted system due to an untimely power cycle. I have had to reinstall moode twice due to such a problem Smile
Furthermore, it could come in handy when installing the rpi as part of system that is usually powered down using one button.

Hi,

I sometimes just pul the plug on my systems due to laziness and have never had an issue with SDCard corruption or file system corruption.

I've been using only Sandisk Ultra Class 10 SDCard's for over 4 years and have experienced only 2 bad cards during that time period. Some of my SDCards experience full image reloads or whole Builds almost every day that I'm working on moOde and no issues.

What brand SD Card are u using?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I came across this and have found it to work with 3.81.

https://scribles.net/adding-power-switch...pberry-pi/

Heres something similar:
https://howchoo.com/g/mwnlytk3zmm/how-to...spberry-pi

Getting a LED going might help too (i've not tested this).
https://howchoo.com/g/ytzjyzy4m2e/build-...-indicator
"On the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro GPIOs 5 and 6 are also use and cannot be used for anything else."

"1-2. Connect the wires with GPIO pin 5 & 6."

So my I use GPIOs 5 and 6 for resetting with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro?
(02-18-2019, 05:31 PM)imi11 Wrote: "On the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro GPIOs 5 and 6 are also use and cannot be used for anything else."

You should probably better ask HiFiBerry directly... Angel
(02-18-2019, 05:31 PM)imi11 Wrote: "On the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro GPIOs 5 and 6 are also use and cannot be used for anything else."

I have a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro and a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, both with Off-buttons on RPi3B+.

I did quite a lot of research (I thought, anyway) before going for a solution where I soldered three wires to the same pins (11, 8, ground-6) on each HiFiBerry board. This gave me illuminated Off-buttons that go dark when a Python script has been completed and it's safe to disconnect power. 

In practical use, this has proven near-perfect for me, as all other aspects of daily music playback are managed from an app on iPhone or iPad. 

The only thing I did not accomplish, was waking up the RPis with a button (the same) because the pin in question (5) is already in use by the I2S interface to the HiFiBerry cards. When I tried it, the RPis would boot as expected but the HiFiBerry cards were left unresponsive (until a complete power disconnect). 

As I use a linear PSU that continously dissipates the energy not used by RPi/HiFiBerry, my habit is to shut down the PSU separately anyway. If you plan to use a PSU with a separate power switch, you may perhaps be happy with a similar setup.
(05-31-2019, 03:51 PM)Tenbagger Wrote:

I have a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro and a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, both with Off-buttons on RPi3B+.

I did quite a lot of research (I thought, anyway) before going for a solution where I soldered three wires to the same pins (11, 8, ground-6) on each HiFiBerry board. This gave me illuminated Off-buttons that go dark when a Python script has been completed and it's safe to disconnect power. 

In practical use, this has proven near-perfect for me, as all other aspects of daily music playback are managed from an app on iPhone or iPad. 

The only thing I did not accomplish, was waking up the RPis with a button (the same) because the pin in question (5) is already in use by the I2S interface to the HiFiBerry cards. When I tried it, the RPis would boot as expected but the HiFiBerry cards were left unresponsive (until a complete power disconnect). 

As I use a linear PSU that continously dissipates the energy not used by RPi/HiFiBerry, my habit is to shut down the PSU separately anyway. If you plan to use a PSU with a separate power switch, you may perhaps be happy with a similar setup.
I wrote in this post
Link