Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin
[quote pid='20176' dateline='1589543733']
Yes to #1, the other renderers listed in moOde's Audio Config panel bypass MPD. For at least some of them, it is possible to pass metadata including coverart through the protocols they use. However, the developer/maintainers of the third-party FOSS packages incorporated in moOde have to support this use case. Even when they do, the metadata has to be accessible in a form which Tim can integrate into the moOde UI. And the result has to be maintainable. To quote a memorable line from the movie Master and Commander, "which it will be ready when it is ready."

As to #2, yes there are Bluetooth transceivers on most RPi models. The Wikipedia article on Raspberry Pi summarized the capabilities of all models in a large table. What it doesn't mention upfront is that the Bluetooth/WiFi combo in the RPi3B (not B+) is notoriously unreliable.

As to #3, don't forget there's a native Tidal app available for iOS. From my limited experience, the Linn apps support Qobuz and Tidal, as does mconnect Lite. There may be others.

[/quote]

#1 --- that's what I supposed to.. bypassing MPD. Mhh, the solution to use metadata would be feasibile, I try to develop an alternative version of my python script to catch info from that (surely hoping that sooner or later TIDAL will allow access to their API).

#2 I make a tentative, only to play with it....

#3 Of course, I have the native TIDAL app running on my iPhone, and is possible to send the music to Moode via Airplay. A question: in this case the quality I suppose that couldn't be the same as when Moode works (sorry, worked...) as a kind of TIDAL server using upnmpcli developed by  JFD ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: new problem with upmpdcli Tidal plugin - by mancio61 - 05-15-2020, 12:18 PM